Exergen temp gun questions

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SuperMaxx83

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
just got a exergen temp gun off ebay and was wondering if it is supposed to make sounds when taking temps.... It looks like new but i wasnty sure about the beeping noise...If you have one could you let me know if this is ok...
Thanx John

My buddy has one, I use it quite often. I never noticed a beep. I would not worry about it. They are very accurate, money well spent.

I am using one and never notice any beeping noise? Anyway money well spent as you got the best one out there. :first_place: Are there a small red flashing light when you take the temperature? If this is the case the battery is running low. But they last forever as I had mine for over 15 years and I just replace the "from new" battery around 2-3 months ago. :whhooo:

Last edited:
well i will have to check out the battery thing and make sure its charged... got to test it out today and wow my old guns are way off compared to this one.... Shouldnt have any issues with not knowing the real temps of my motor any more... Also had to order a wrap for it so it matches my starter box and controller and charger... Thanx for the help....i asked the guy i baught it off of ebay and he says its suppose to beep to let you know you temped it right...It still works
Thanx Again guys