Exceed Rc cars?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nitro_newbie

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Juist wondering if Exceed rc cars/trucks/truggies are any good. I am close to a begginer, but dont want junk.

Last edited by a moderator:
their not the greatest but i had a forza 1/10th scale buggy and it was fast but it wasn't build the best. the motor was actually really good.

If you don't want junk then look elsewhere.

Traxxas makes a host of quality RC's for fist timers and all of them have great parts support if something breaks.

I am with Rob...getting parts can be hard. Once it breaks you can spend a ton of time searching for replacements. I would look more towards major brands...Hpi, Traxxas, AE, Losi....you will be happier in the long run.

****EDIT****YEEAAAHHHH good one Joe

Last edited:
I don't own one, but the latest issue of R/C Driver has a review on their brushless truck and they gave it good remarks for most of it. Even has a 2.4Ghz radio package. They did break a rear hub carrier and they had some issues with shock valving they fixed with different shock internals and fluid, but all in all they seemed happy with it.

The important thing is to see what your LHS has for service parts and what brands they support. If they don't have Exceed parts in stock, or can't get them quickly then you're at the mercy of the Internet and it becomes a matter of how much patience you have to wait on the parts.

HTH...
Mark

ok thanks guys for the onfo. I was just wondering, but i think all stay to hpi

Party, Rolex? You? You're usually asleep before you finish your first beer or 5:30 pm whichever comes first.....

I have their rally truck, and I like it. I've driven my buddies tmaxx and it wasn't that much better. especially for a beginner, cause if you fiddlesticks it up, it's not an $800 replacement.

Yeah dude, because comparing monster trucks and sc trucks isn't apples and oranges. The $800 dollar statement further demonstrates your complete lack of knowledge. Stay away from exceed unless you have already bought one. If that's the case, leave it stock, have fun with it and save for a quality rig.

Last edited:
I agree with Joey. If you really want to compare your Exceed rally truck against something try comparing it to a Traxxas Slash or an Associated SC10. Both are much sturdier and better out of the box. You can also get parts for both of those trucks almost anywhere as well as plenty of hop ups.

As said cheap might not seem that different outa the box watch the performance fade the parts break and the money flow out of your pocket theres the difference!!!!!!:hehe:

Last edited: