Everyone Read, Reply....

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flip2028

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Ok I gotta down my choices for a buggy.....
Ok Here they are-
1) Kyosho MP 7.5

2) Ofna 9.5 Pro

I dunno which of these to get.
I like the Ofna 9.5 pro and kyosho MP 7.5.
Which is a good car, which can go off jumps and barely break anything and a good racing one. Thanks

:ball:
HEh
:ahh: :banana: :ahh:

I'm not a buggy guy, but I have heard good things about both of them. You probably would do just fine with either. Let me ask you a question? Which one do you like better and why?

Well, I would look around at LHS' because most dont stock kyosho or mugen parts and that helped make my decision to het the Hyper 7 pro and I LOVE it. It has a low output OS motor in it right now and I still have no problems keeping up with other buggys on the track. The 9.5 is a good buggy too but I havet seen a lot more Hyper 7's than 9.5 around here.

I have a ofna an I like it. 7.5's are to rich for my blood!

Which version of the Inferno 7.5? If your answer is the sports then NO it can not take the racinging engines without serious modification it is a way cheap version of the real 7.5. My opinion was running about the same as yours until I found the GS Storm. Its is an almost identical copy of the Inferno for much less! Any LHS that stocks Horizon Hobby stuff will have Storm parts. The RTR is where I started. It comes with a JR FM radio and powerful sports buggie engine with pullstart that you definetley wont be dissapointed for a price of $425. As for the 9.5 Ofna. This is a Hong Nor Speed 9.5 that isnt even manufactured by Ofna. If you like the Ofna 9.5 then buy the Hong Nor Speed 9.5 because its the same buggy for about $100 cheaper and ALL the Ofna hop-ups fit exactly. My Storm is now a pro model with the Sirio .21 racing engine and the thing hauls. It handles like a dream and people with Mugens and Infernos always ask me at the track "what buggy is that you were haulin out there!" So for a fraction of the Inferno price give the Storm a good looking over.
Sorry I wrote you a book:doh:

there is a buggy track up here by me. I think that may be my next rig (won't be for a long time but it's something to shoot for)

thanks for the inf guys

-rob

i bought a 9.5 mbx rtr and it is insane the abuse it shrugs off and how well it handles at 40+ in rough terain if it does crash land it almost always comes to stop on all four and ready to do it again i havnt raced it yet but will probably start soon:smoke:

I run the Inferno 7.5 Kanai designed tried true and tested blah blah blah.... The only reason I picked it up was because of the sweet deal I got. The price of ANYTHING Kyosho is up there. As others have mentioned, dont go with the sport if you want to be a big contender as the cost to get a racing mill in will be more than if you just went with the reg. inferno up front.

The OFNA 9.5 Pro is also a kickass ride! Nothing to throw rocks at! It has become VERY popular, VERY quickly for a reason. It can compete and parts are available and stocked. Whereas you end up orderring most Kyosho, even from your LHS.

I dont think you can loose either way. They are both GREAT picks. Just keep in mind, no matter which one you go with, you will more than likely want to keep a spare set of tires on hand if you run at the tracks.

Lastly, there ARE a TON of high end, high quality hop-ups for the 7.5 out there. The Racers Edge Pro kit is one I've been eyeing up for a while now.

I am wrong about the Ofna 9.5 MBX. My buddy just bought one with the new Pivot ball suspension. He brought it to the track last weekend. He is a terrible driver since he is WOT or nothing style of driving but I could see what that puppy has and its a lot. It has a .25 engine that has more torque than anything I had ever seen in a buggy. It shreads period. Now the steering servo seems real weak but almost all RTR's suffer from that. It looked cool also with all that orange anodized stuff all over it. You still can never race it because it is a .25 engine. I hate you Christian damn Inferno. I'm not jealous or anything:hehe:

Back