Ever find something you wrote when you were younger?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Plaidfish

RCTalk VIP
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
well I did....

English Lit 303 short essay on

"modern society"

One day, I looked around, and realized that Eden was gone, and would not return. I would have wept. Alas, being emotionally overwhelmed is considered in poor taste these days. We're supposed to let the characters on television do that for us. All we need do is sit, eyes locked on the box, third-person observers to pathetic excuses of the emotional stimulus we fear so greatly as it plays itself out in a controlled environment. Our attachment to our own greatest joys and woes, reduced to the sterile charm a tourist finds in observing hollow, exhausted animals pacing hopelessly around their pens at the zoo. Why? Because when people have the capacity for finding bliss, or feeling outraged, or being ashamed of their own indifference, they make horrible consumers, and even worse voters. And that's when it struck me. Eden didn't disappear. It was burnt down. Corruption came and destroyed it, hoping to grow fat on the empty, worthless ashes that resulted. And all that remains of Eden is the idea it symbolized; The Harmony of Oneself, Earthen Mother and Cosmic Father through the love and reverence of Life we've abandoned. Corruption is now the law, and it's political, social, religious, physical and psychological minions are it's enforcers. But amidst the ashes, Eden has left a great abundance of seeds. We are those seeds, and by our own volition, we must grow through the debris, extending our roots to the wellspring of beauty and love that Earth offers us in the form of flora and fauna, forces and forms. We must cast up our branches in exaltation of Cosmic Father, the Almighty Source of creation, spirit, thought, love and light. If our lives and actions are not consumed with celebration of our Selves, our Source, our Earth, and each other, then we are nothing. Love. Live. Look. Listen. Touch. Taste. Smell. Bless. Create. Think. Feel. Be, and be more than your TV and your parents and your friends and your enemies and your doctor and your president and your disease and your disorder govern that you should be. This is my thought. This is what I believe I am on this Earth to share, through my every endeavor, my every ambition.

I would like to think I still believe in this as I sit alone in front of my Television watching Futurama and Family Guy....but I just felt so hypocritical....LOL...

ahh the bliss of days lacking responsibilities....

thank you rolex.....I was 22.....I left home very young and had a very opinionated and optomistic view of the world then...

You had a good mental attitude, and a deep insight on life that most people could never put into words.
It's a great read. You could be a world renowned philosopher. Or a pimp.

I'm jes a squirrel tryin ta git a nut.....my lyrical prose and Repertoire have diminished greatly since parenthood set in...I learned to shorten my speech and get to the friggin point...LOL.....
actually it was a friend from back then found that in some of his old stuff and sent it to me......lately I've been in that poopy state of mind about life in general....after seeing this I just got pissed at myself for loosing a core part of my "Eric-ness"....LOL...funny I used a quote from something I abhored in my essay....I was hoping it would be read and mentally digested as I intended it be back then......people joke about these small Epiphanies and say it's a "mid-life crisis"....whatever....if you let yourself think old, you grow old......If you sit too long you grow roots and beome bound by a general concensus of ideas loosing originality, inovation and eventually passion....

OK I know whoooaaaa too deep for an RC forum....I just thought I'd try to lite more fires on our planet.....

My Dad has a piece of wood from the garage of my childhood home that he cut out when they moved (after I already left home). It was written sometime around when I was in third grade and clearly says..."Frank Cascio hates school and so should everyone else!"

LMAO.....and have your core beliefs changed much since those days???

Not at all! I swear one day I will write a book, "how to sleep, party, and skip your way through a degree!" LOL

B-ah, Eden, It's just a Nudist Colony in my backyard.

Its a lot better then the stuff I used to send to Hustler Forum back in the mid 80s.
Does that count?

Do we stop having fun because we get older, or do we get old because we stop having fun?
Life is fleeting, sorrows are many. A good laugh is an instant vacation.

AHHHHH the conundrum wrapped in an enigma.......I believe it's the latter

And the new man's dictionary PC term is "Spinner" not Amputee....

And the new man's dictionary PC term is "Spinner" not Amputee....

I think it's "Hopper". I'm sure FastEddy would know.

AHHHHH the conundrum wrapped in an enigma.......
Isn't that the new item just added to the Taco Bell menu?

Last edited: