Esc wiring for double batteries

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Caleb90

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Got my esc for my kronos xtr. I want to wire it so i can run 2- 2s making 4s power and 2 -3s making 6s. I know you need to jump the battery negative to positve to double the power. But not 100% positive on how to to go about it

It's very simple, first of all, what connectors are you using? Second, will your ESC handle doubling the cells?

It's very simple, first of all, what connectors are you using? Second, will your ESC handle doubling the cells?
Series amd paralell. One way is double volts, the other is double capacity.

Wiring brushed motors is the same but I forgot the details.

Ill let someone tale it fom here as its foggy.

As stated above, we dont want to tell you how to do it only to over voltage and be out.

Series amd paralell. One way is double volts, the other is double capacity.

Wiring brushed motors is the same but I forgot the details.

Ill let someone tale it fom here as its foggy.

As stated above, we dont want to tell you how to do it only to over voltage and be out.
Right, the OP wants them in series, 2s to 4s and 3s to 6s. I was asking what his ESC basically is rated for. I don't believe he mentioned what he has.
OP, if your ESC isn't rated for it, you will burn it up. Even if it is, jumping from 3s to 6s is going to put some series stress to the parts, can your car handle it? @Chubaka nailed it. It will smoke it is it isnit rated for it and we don't want to give you the wrong info.

Its for my kronos xtr i just picked up. Putting a hobbywing 8bl150 in it.. 3-6s capable.. need to go back to hobby shop as the corally motor has 6mm bullets n the hobbywing is 4mm.
Right, the OP wants them in series, 2s to 4s and 3s to 6s. I was asking what his ESC basically is rated for. I don't believe he mentioned what he has.
OP, if your ESC isn't rated for it, you will burn it up. Even if it is, jumping from 3s to 6s is going to put some series stress to the parts, can your car handle it? @Chubaka nailed it. It will smoke it is it isnit rated for it and we don't want to give you the wrong info.

If it were me, I would use xt90s and then this. You could also just wire the ESC with the two connectors and then install batteries.

OIP.jpg

Just like this bud. Wiring the esc then you just use the bottom connector in this picture as the esc instead of connector.

R.jpg

This is the sledge set up. 2-3s

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    459.6 KB · Views: 55
Got er all set. Easy peasy deff was over thinking it. Had to switch esc wires over to 6.5 mm bullets. Ran a 3s and a 4s pack so far

Attachments

• IMG_20220522_134730175.jpg
    IMG_20220522_134730175.jpg
    339.1 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_20220522_134955393.jpg
    IMG_20220522_134955393.jpg
    313.8 KB · Views: 47
Got er all set. Easy peasy deff was over thinking it. Had to switch esc wires over to 6.5 mm bullets. Ran a 3s and a 4s pack so far
Looks great. Why isnt she dirty? 😁

Sometimes overthinking it can be good.

Might be something with my setup, but i found one battery always seemed to drain faster (maybe a dodgey cell with high resistance or my terrible soldering had a part to play) - just mentioning for undervolt considerations

Might be something with my setup, but i found one battery always seemed to drain faster (maybe a dodgey cell with high resistance or my terrible soldering had a part to play) - just mentioning for undervolt considerations
In order to run dual batteries like that you need a matched pair of batteries. Same brand, same specs, same amount of cycles, etc.

If you're using that then you may have a battery with a weak cell.