ESC to motor wire gauge extension issue

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rocco1005

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Recently got a redcat shredder and have a BLX185 ESC and a Leopard 4082 motor I am putting in and the 3 wires for each are not long enough to reach each other causing me to need an extension of wiring, however, the three BLX and Leopard wires look to be 10 gauge and the only extensions i can find are all 12 gauge....so is there going to be a problem when the middle extension wiring is a smaller gauge? If there will be an issue does anyone know where to get 10 gauge extension wiring of those 3 wires?

Move the ESC closer to the motor.

Make your own. That's what I did with my trucks. The blx2050kv motor has short leads on it and I have one in both my ERBEv2 and outcast 6S with a max6 driving them. I had to make my own esc->motor leads. Also, the motor connectors were 4mm and I think the esc's are 6mm, maybe larger... the esc's came with motor leads with the ends on them, so that's what I used and put 4mm on the end to match the motor. I just kept the extensions as short as I could so there wasn't any tension on the wires when installed.

Move the esc closer or crack open the ESC and solder in new wire. Get the wire mentioned by TNT or go get some Stinger Pro power wire.

Back