Esc ruining batteries!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LaCountSavag

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I have an XTM vehicle. It comes with a brushless system and the esc program card. It gives me options for cut off voltage anywhere from 2.6v to 3.4v. I have mine set either at 3.2v or 3.4 volts, never below that and I'm positive its set, but my batteries are below those voltages when the cut off engages, and it has already ruined 2 batteries. now i have a battery i paid 170 dollars for and i dont want this one to be ruined too. Does anybody have any clue whats going on or use the xtm program card?

This is the program card. The values are (1) 2.6V/cell (2) 2.8V/Cell (3) 3.0V/cell (4) 3.2 V/Cell (5) 3.4V/cell (6) No Cut-off

Attachments

• Photo on 9-2-12 at 12.46 PM.jpg
    Photo on 9-2-12 at 12.46 PM.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 103
If its under warranty Id have XTM check it out. If its not Id get a new ESC. An ESC set to cut off at 3.2V/C should leave your lipo at about 3.4 or 3.5V/C when not under load.

Id run a whole new brain in it. XTM is already a poor company so I can imagine their products..

Get something with a name to stand by.

Back