ESC/Motor Wire Extension

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheMightyAtom

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
Not really sure where to put this, so I'll try it here.

Can anyone confirm for me if it's safe to add extension wires between a motor and an ESC? I am trying to put a Hobbywing 1/10 scale system into a Losi Tenacity MT, but the wires off the motor just aren't long enough to reach the ESC in their stock configuration. Are there any potential concerns about added resistance with the longer wires?

Not really sure where to put this, so I'll try it here.

Can anyone confirm for me if it's safe to add extension wires between a motor and an ESC? I am trying to put a Hobbywing 1/10 scale system into a Losi Tenacity MT, but the wires off the motor just aren't long enough to reach the ESC in their stock configuration. Are there any potential concerns about added resistance with the longer wires?
What motor and esc? It might be possible to put longer wires on one or the other depending on which ones they are.

What motor and esc? It might be possible to put longer wires on one or the other depending on which ones they are.

Never mind --- I actually just realized that my motor/ESC combo is supposed to come with extensions anyway, but apparently I didn't get them in the box.

It's a Hobbywing EZRun Max10 SCT system.

Thanks anyway.

If your using high quality connectors and wire, I couldn't see it being much of a concern as long as you didn't add like a foot of wire... The wires on my castle motor (MMX/2200kv) in my savage flux are way too long... I contemplated shortening them, but never got around to it and just bundled and ziptied them.

Back