ESC Connector change

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CharlieTuna

RCTalk Talkaholic
Military Veteran
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I want to remove both XT90 connectors and replace with 1 (one) EC5 Male connector. I will be running only one battery in the rig and would like to get rid of the extra wiring. Can I just cut off the XT90 connectors and the red wire between them then solder 1 - EC5 male to the black and red wires coming from the ESC? Thanks alot.

20230326_091343.jpg

20230326_091122.jpg

Yea you will be fine that’s just set up for 2 batteries, eliminate the jumper wire and use one plug.

Yea you will be fine that’s just set up for 2 batteries, eliminate the jumper wire and use one plug.
Thanks alot TRAT. I appreciate the fast response. Now I can get started on that.

Thanks alot TRAT. I appreciate the fast response. Now I can get started on that.
Yep, I did that on all 3 of my 6S trucks after I quit using 2x3S packs in them. Was just easier running a single 6S and not dealing with the extra plug, worrying about matching the packs, etc. I still run xt90's on everything though.

Back