Engine won't start unless cold

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jay235

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hi,
I have a kyosho pureten alpha chassis with a thunder tiger engine and big hpi wheels the problem is that recently it starts when cold but when it stops it wont start again until cold or the glow plug is removed and the pull start is pulled a few times I have tried leaning/richening it but still can't get it sorted, any help will be much appreciated :)

Sounds like an engine I had and I found that the compression was gone and I had to put a new piston and sleeve in it. When my engine warmed up and expanded the compression dropped off and when it was hot, it wouldn't start back up.

That's probably all it is, but you should be able to start it by holding the throttle open.

yeah the engine is shot.you could go with new engine cost more but by the time you buy all new internals it's only a few bucks more.unless your gonna port/polish,knife edge the rod port the crank.but the root of the problem was the big tires.the bigger the tire the more strain gets put on the engine.

what gearing are you running?i tried 14/54t with k rocks ran hot,15/36,38,40 t just didn't have that snap.still ran hot.14/50t with badlands love it

---------- Post added at 9:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 9:21 PM ----------

what gearing are you running?i tried 14/54t with k rocks ran hot,15/36,38,40 t just didn't have that snap.still ran hot.14/50t with badlands love it.close ratio 14/50t grt-8