Engine Tuning

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kx250ryder

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Sorry to double post this, but the previous topic title I had put it under would probably go ignored ( 9.5 pro c-hub vs. Hyper 7 pcr).

I was just wondering if anyone could give me some break in advice. I have an engine that doesn't seem like a common mill. It is a .21 Cipolla FZR. I am looking to break it in here where I live, it is around 65 degrees today, low humidity, and 1100 foot elevation. I am running Blue Thunder 20% and a Dynamite MC-8 glow plug. I heard that 2 1/2 turns out for the low speed setting, and 4 turns out for the high speed, but I want to make sure before I go and cause any damage.

good luck is the best i can tell you. there is next to no information on any english site I've found. it would seem the US importer is CRC products. so you can try contacting them for base needle settings. although i would think they arent really nessary for breakin and running an engine. basically it should fire up just as it came out of the box. and from there just make sure its pretty rich for the first couple of tanks. std, breakin procedure.

if you need more info you can contact CRC.

Contact CRC

-------------------------EDITED FOR CONTENT----------------------------

Please do not post any personal or direct info on companies be it yours or anyone elses. Please do this VIA PM. No need to get an unwanted consumer harassing and mentioning they got the Info at this site.

Thanks

Jon2
RCNT Staff

Last edited by a moderator:
Breaking in the Cipolla

I called CRC and got the break in they recommend. I had to call, they didn't answer my e-mail. They said 1/2mm for the idle, 3 turns out for the slow speed, and 4 turns out for the high speed. I hope this turns out to be a good engine. It seems really strong, even when it is richened for break-in.

thats a pretty standard setting for most engines