Engine Tuning for standard Kyosho GX-21 engine

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnnywalkeraus

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
where can i find information on tuning or settings for the standard Kyosho GX-21 engine. it is used on the kyosho MP 7.5 Sports buggy.

the engine runs but occasionally it will stall when i release the throttle from full to idle. once it stalls it takes a number of pulls to get it started again. the car has only been run 10 times.

thanks for your help

The idle pins on these vibrates out. Use your radio to trim it out a lil. What I did. My engine is tuned to the max. Only problem I have is once I run about 10 min it get so hot it starts bogging out once I come of the throttle. Engine is goodfor 8 min then I suggest cooling it off. I have to remove the glow plug and let it sit for about 15 min before it will start and run right again. I am switching OS-VB engine tommorow tho. Maybe if I put a cooler head on it. Who knows. GX is fast tho, just no take off and overheats.

I've run about a 1.5 gallons through my gx-21 so far and the only thing I've had problems with are the o rings in the needle valves. Once I replaced them it held a tune fine. Mine still starts on the 2-3 pull after priming. Current setting are 2 turns out on HSN and 1/8 turn IN from flush on the LSN. Runs good but I definitly want more power.