Engine Stand For Break In/Tuning?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HPI-Killer

Axial Axle Twisting Guru
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I did a little bit of searching here and can't find anything to what I am wondering. Was wondering if anyone has built an in-home engine stand for tuning & break-in?

I want a new rig or new engine soon for my nitros but don't want to wait until 50*+ wheather rolls around because I'm sitting next to the Rockies and there is no warm wheather in sight for awhile.

Thanks guys :D

I'm no expert but I just broke my Tornado S30 in in 40+ degree weather by wrapping the block with a layer of foil to keep the wind out and then a sock doubled at first for the first couple of tanks and then a single layer of sock for the tanks with more load on the engine. I maintained 200- 250 degrees like that. As I write this, I realize that I am replying to a dude with over 23 hundred posts lol. I'm sure you know way more then I do.

I'm no expert but I just broke my Tornado S30 in in 40+ degree weather by wrapping the block with a layer of foil to keep the wind out and then a sock doubled at first for the first couple of tanks and then a single layer of sock for the tanks with more load on the engine. I maintained 200- 250 degrees like that. As I write this, I realize that I am replying to a dude with over 23 hundred posts lol. I'm sure you know way more then I do.

:hehe: Don't be fooled my friend, about 1,700 of those posts are to my RC family here at RCNT, the rest are stupid threads, questions and remarks to my questions. Thanks for the advice I will have to see what I can get my already broken in 3.3 to run with some insulation and go from there. But I am still interested to see if anyone has done the stand before :D

I have not made a stand, but I do have one by RD Logics and have used it to break-in a few engines.

Anyway to squeeze a link out of you? If they work fine for this procedure then that will be good in the winter here in Utah. Thanks Rob for the response :D

Back