engine sizing questions.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rednexneffex2

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
Can you put a piston and sleeve in a .18 from a .16? also is there a size limit to a nitro drift car for engine size without a whole lot of modification.

I should add that I have a .18 piston and sleeve but I don't know if it will work in a .16 block.Also I am looking to pick up a short course truck but am wondering if I can put a 3.3 engine in it. It comes with a .18 but I want power to go through anything and up anything and off anything. Any info would be appreciated.

Probably not on the .18 to .16 question. These things aren't overly interchangeable.

The 3.3 is a small block, so shares the same general footprint of most other .10-.18 engines. The only crux with it is that it uses a traxxas specific flywheel nut and exhaust port that's smaller than most small blocks. So, you either have to find a traxxas header/pipe that fits your vehicle or figure out a way to get a normal flange to seal on it well.

Thank you. Something to ponder on I guess. Do you know the speed differences?

Larger is usually lower RPM but more torque... however, not always true. What you spend comes into play as well as you can get some really high revving 21+ big blocks of you spend the $ on them.

Speed is relative to the vehicle, gearing, engine, tune, terrain, etc.

So very true just like a car.if you don’t mind me asking what is the difference between a short corse truck and a car. I haven’t seen the truck close up yet. Is the chassy and internals all the same with different tires and suspension?

Short course has more ground clearance and suspension/tires for short jump track racing. Onroad is meant for pavement only, very low to the ground and usually geared for more speed.

Ok so I missed the gearing aspect cool I might see how much parts are instead of buyin a whole new one