Engine problems.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AJs.Royals

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I recently brought a Schumacher havoc and ever since I have had it, ivehad problems with it but all the the problems have been fitting. Now I only have the problem with starting it (charged glow plug and batterie in starter)

I just seems to take some time to start and once it is started within 10 minutes it cuts out and willnt start again, I have spoke to schumacher themselfs and they said this was due to it over heating and the piston and liner have worn.

Does this sound like a comment problem why this would be happening ?
Just don't want to spent out another £40 for the piston/liner then £20+ on getting it fitted so find out I'm still having the same problems.

Would I be better off buying a completely new engine from schumacher or even a different type of engine ?

Either way you go you need to get a temp gauge to moniter your engine temps or you may end up continuing to over heat your engines

check your glow plug and how long have you had it? if youve had it for quite a while you may have a worn out piston/sleeve but whats more typical is an incorrect tune.

Either way you go you need to get a temp gauge to moniter your engine temps or you may end up continuing to over heat your engines

I got a temp gun what's an over heated engine temp range ?

check your glow plug and how long have you had it? if youve had it for quite a while you may have a worn out piston/sleeve but whats more typical is an incorrect tune.

The glow plug is a brand new one I fitted when I brought the car. Is there a specific glow plug for the havoc engine just incase I have the wrong one !
I do need the tuning checked out but local sho charge £20 which is a lot just for an little adjustment on the screws.

You typically want to run in the mid 200 range like 250 270 when you get into fine tuning you need to just have a feel for where your engine likes to run and you want to keep it under 300. If your having trouble with it over heating you may want to reset the engine to stock settings and start readjusting from there especially if you have messed with the needles settings a lot. How long have you had the vehicle and did you buy it new or used?

You typically want to run in the mid 200 range like 250 270 when you get into fine tuning you need to just have a feel for where your engine likes to run and you want to keep it under 300. If your having trouble with it over heating you may want to reset the engine to stock settings and start readjusting from there especially if you have messed with the needles settings a lot. How long have you had the vehicle and did you buy it new or used?

Thank you very much I will give this a go :)

I brought the car 2nd hand.