engine problems

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

08hawkeso

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
hi,

my friend is having problems with his buggy. we have been working on it for months and it has been getting better and better as time goes on (considering when he got it second hand and it wouldn't start) but it runs fine starts first pull yet after about 10 mins of driving it seems to just randomly cut out i have always thought this means it is too lean yet there is so much exhaust coming out of the pipe and i have replaced the glow plug. any help would be much appreciated.

What kind of engine? Make sure your running the right glow plug.

"Hybrid Sucks"

well i dont no too much about it (as i didnt buy it) but it is the same engine as my xtm xt2 engine and the glow plug works fine on my buggy

Is it out of fuel? 10 min is a decent runtime for an 1/8 scale Nitro Buggy, and if you are running rich I doubt you are running 10 minutes on a tank.

well we haven managed a full tank yet as it gets hot and then we have to wait for about 15 mins till it cools and starts and the process carries on

i have been checking and it inst ever empty

well i dont no too much about it (as i didnt buy it) but it is the same engine as my xtm xt2 engine and the glow plug works fine on my buggy

+1.... .25 motor, tuned correctly, all depending how trigger happy you are and how hard you run it, 10 min is a decent runtime. What I usually do, when I hear the sound of my motor changing I pull my xt2 up to me and refuel.
"Hybrid Sucks"

well we haven managed a full tank yet as it gets hot and then we have to wait for about 15 mins till it cools and starts and the process carries on

i have been checking and it inst ever empty

Also when the tank gets down to about a quarter it'll lean itself out and run hotter. What temperature are we talking about. On my Mammoth St with the .25 she runs perfect between 220 and 260. My xt2 with the same engine it'll run perfect between 180 and 220. Not to mention they are both tuned with different needle settings. I think it all depends on the braking in of the engine when you first buy it.

"Hybrid Sucks"

yh well the man who owned it before said he only used it 8 times so i left it on tick over for 2 tanks to make sure all was ok, when u start driving it seems to play up

If you have a temp gun please run it and check what temp shows up after about 5 min runtime and close to the end of the tank and let us know. I'm curious if the numbers come back healthy.

"Hybrid Sucks"

i don't after i run my buggy in i didn't really think i needed it as my buggy was ok? sorry

i have just gote a new big block k 5.9 engine to go in my savage 25 but after runing 9 tanks throw it .the truck will not go in to 2nd gear can anyone help me someone said run more fuel throw it the some one said set the carb up so can you help me

hi,

my friend is having problems with his buggy. we have been working on it for months and it has been getting better and better as time goes on (considering when he got it second hand and it wouldn't start) but it runs fine starts first pull yet after about 10 mins of driving it seems to just randomly cut out i have always thought this means it is too lean yet there is so much exhaust coming out of the pipe and i have replaced the glow plug. any help would be much appreciated.

change your fuel i add the same problem with my savage go to byron 25% it work for me

Last edited: