Engine problems....

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

durwank

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I got the OS .30VG a while back for my LST thinking it would be an awesome engine but after only about 1 gallon through it I have to say that this engine sucks! Big dissapointment, especially since OS engines are usually very good. This thing won't hold a tune worth a crap and even if I have it tuned so ritch that fule is blowing all over the place it STILL gets hot! :angry:
It's time for me to get something different.
I am thinking about the HPI K5.9. Has anybody had one of these and if so is it a good engine? If not, what do you suggest? I want to stay under 200 bucks if possible.
I also need a new mill for my Savage.
The only nitro powered truck I have that is running good right now is my little T-Maxx that has an OS .18 CVR. THAT is a great little engine.

did you seal up the engine? even though its new.. it may have a leak. that would explain all your symptoms.

did you seal up the engine? even though its new.. it may have a leak. that would explain all your symptoms.

I guess I could try that out. It's just strange for an OS to act like this.:\

Back