Engine Problems

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

noselo77

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
:\I have a RB Concept nitro engine that lose power when I accelerate at full throttle I know I have it tuned just right,it idles for longer than a minute,it does not die when I hit the brakes and the temp of the engine is between 260 and 270.Could it be because of the fuel? I had this fuel since last year,the bottle was sitting in a cupboard all winter long,but was covered up.:\

Well, considering the weight of the rig and the power of the engine, I'm surprised that it runs that warm.

Maybe buy a new gallon and give it a shot to see if it differs.

Does it roll freely? Due to your fuel description, I'm guessing this rig hasn't been run since last year? If so, you may have some rusty/worn bearings that are dragging causing it not to perform well.

I just bought the engine a few weeks ago brand new,it has about 10 tanks through it using BLUE THUNDER FIRST RUN FUEL and it ran fine then I started using my old fuel which is BYRONS FUEL 20% and thats when I started to lose power at full throttle:\

Ah. 10 tanks and 260+ temps? Running a bit on the fence for my taste.

I'd buy new fuel and give it a shot. Out of all the fuels I've burned, I like byrons the best so far. I run 25% byrons in my rigs. My fuel doesn't generally sit longer than 6 months as I do run a bit in the winter. However, my last gallon was one I bought last October and hadn't opened until last month. Seem to run fine.

Thanks for the reply I am going to pick up some GEN 2 BYRONS 30% tomorrow i will let you know how it works out for me.:)

Back