Engine break-in: must do all at once or can do in separate sessions?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

echelon6

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Must I run all 6 to 8 tanks at once in an uninterrupted break-in process, or can I do things separately? e.g. heatcycle one night, then tanks 1-2 the 2nd night, and so on?

That will be fine, you need to allow the engine to cool between tanks anyways.

Just curiously though wouldn't prolong breaks e.g. 24-48 hrs in between be totally different to the kinds of cool-down breaks envisaged by engine designers?

You want the motor to heat up (around 200F) and then cool down all the way, or at least most of the way. I would think that the bigger the temp changes, between it getting 'up to temp' and 'cooled down' would produce better results. JMO. So having your break-in span a few days may be a good thing.

A week! wow you guys are serious

I have to break it up because I only have evenings to play with my toy, pretty busy these days.

Thanks for the info though, pretty satisfying to know I can do it over an extended time :)

Well, it's only due to time constraints. If I had a day where I didn't have to worry about little ones or doing this or that I'd break it in in one day but it's tough for me to find that much time in one block.

Back