Elwctric newb here

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joeysee1212

RC Newbie
Reaction score
I think I overcharged my 6s battery and not sure what to do about it. All cells 3.86/.3.88 on checker. 23.2 total It's a powerhobby 5000mah 100c. 6s/22.2v. It's probably discussed before but I have no idea how to search forums that well. Ultrapower up100ac plus charger.

6 cells at 4.20 volts is 25.2 whats the overcharged voltage then??. if a cell is high discharge it asap.

it says 22.2v on the battery, thats where my confusion lies
That rating on the battery is nominal voltage. A fully charged LiPo is 4.2v per cell. You are fine. A storage charged battery, like for when you aren't using them will be at 3.8v per cell.

And welcome to the forum!

22.2V is whats know as the nominal voltage. LiPos operate safely between 3.2V and 4.2V per cell. The nominal voltage of a lipo cell is 3.7V Thats why the pack says 22.2V. 3.7 x 6 = 22.2. Throw it on your charger and charge it using a balance charge lipo setting and let it charge until teh charger shuts off saying its finished.

If you dont plan on using it in the next day or two then use a lipo storage charge until the charger says its finished. This will charge/discharge the lipo to 3.8V/C which is the optimal voltage to store a lipo at

This is because you know very little about lipos and yet you are using them..
http://www.tjinguytech.com/charging-how-tos
as said in the 2 posts b4 this 1 its the nominal voltage..try not to take A lipo cell below 3.00 that's when damage occurs along with letting it sit fully charged
there is no confusion just lack of knowledge that you are rich in

This is because you know very little about lipos and yet you are using them..
http://www.tjinguytech.com/charging-how-tos
as said in the 2 posts b4 this 1 its the nominal voltage..try not to take A lipo cell below 3.00 that's when damage occurs along with letting it sit fully charged
there is no confusion just lack of knowledge that you are rich in
Walk up and kick him in the balls while you are being a peepee man. My gawd!

@Joeysee1212 - there are videos on YT that will teach you about the proper way to charge a LiPo, and how to care for them. Educate yourself ASAP. This is something a lot of people new to the hobby aren't aware of.

Contrary to the attitude and disrespect shown you by our resident peepeehead tntpoof, this isn't your fault. But you need to learn about LiPo's before you start using them.

If anything confuses you, come here and ask. Most of us here are more than happy to help.

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum, when I first got into rc's I think about twelve years ago, Lipo batteries were fairly new and very confusing to me. There was nobody to explain all this stuff, and had to learn the hard way.
Don't feel bad about the confusion, it's normal for those of us who didn't have a mentor to show us the ropes.

I think lipo batteries should come with an info sheet that explains these things in simple terms. Most people don't know about proper care of a lipo battery (how would they). Most folks are used to AA batteries you put in your tv remote and don't think twice about until it's time to replace them because you can't change the channel any more.

I hope you stick around and learn the ropes. It's a great hobby once you get it all untangled. :)

Walk up and kick him in the balls while you are being a peepee man. My gawd!

@Joeysee1212 - there are videos on YT that will teach you about the proper way to charge a LiPo, and how to care for them. Educate yourself ASAP. This is something a lot of people new to the hobby aren't aware of.

Contrary to the attitude and disrespect shown you by our resident peepeehead tntpoof, this isn't your fault. But you need to learn about LiPo's before you start using them.

If anything confuses you, come here and ask. Most of us here are more than happy to help.
That’s why I’m a little afraid to ask questions! 😳