Electronics and radio for xmaxx

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Could always try to put a heavier spring on the trigger if you have old doner radios like a spare stock traxxas ones.

Could always try to put a heavier spring on the trigger if you have old doner radios like a spare stock traxxas ones.

It came with spare springs fortunately. Just gotta find some English instructions 😂

I got the truck as incomplete roller. Not my first choice of colors but I liked the way it looked. I've seen a lot of back and fourth about their parts. They do feel a little on the cheap side. But the shocks seems extremely nice. They're very very smooth and the shock shaft is a little bigger than stock.

Open gear rigs are more noisy. Like a lot of the bigger arrma have exposed spur/pinion gears. Which is noisier. It can sound kind of cool. But the videos I've seen of trucks with wfo gears, seem a bit obnoxious. You also lose the dampening of the cush drive.
Oh, I see, in that case, I think we know the previous owner's favorite color! It's not a bad choice! The shocks do, I was thinking about that, plus they have the little piggyback thing on them for more realism!

Powered everything up finally. Everything seems to be working. The flysky is super responsive. Tightened up the trigger a little bit and it's perfect. Just gotta figure out what to do with all the damn wires. The castle rx and aux leads are very very long for my application. I don't think I'll be able to fit everything in the rx box along with the castle link.

Powered everything up finally. Everything seems to be working. The flysky is super responsive. Tightened up the trigger a little bit and it's perfect. Just gotta figure out what to do with all the damn wires. The castle rx and aux leads are very very long for my application. I don't think I'll be able to fit everything in the rx box along with the castle link.
Cool! I know the feeling of everything working properly! I actually just finished converting my Wltoys 144001 to brushless a few days ago (need to update my build thread about that!), it's even more lively now! You can tighten the trigger on the Flysky? What do you mean (like the space for your finger, the stiffness of the trigger pull, ect.)? If you know how to solder and have the tools, you know what to do! If you don't (like me!), break out a few small zip ties and cable cutter/wire snips, and strategically zip tie and arrange the wires (take a look at the situation, and think about the most effective way to do it before starting). Good luck!

PS: Maybe you could try tidying up the wires, and secure them outside of the RX box (if possible)?

Cool! I know the feeling of everything working properly! I actually just finished converting my Wltoys 144001 to brushless a few days ago (need to update my build thread about that!), it's even more lively now! You can tighten the trigger on the Flysky? What do you mean (like the space for your finger, the stiffness of the trigger pull, ect.)? If you know how to solder and have the tools, you know what to do! If you don't (like me!), break out a few small zip ties and cable cutter/wire snips, and strategically zip tie and arrange the wires (take a look at the situation, and think about the most effective way to do it before starting). Good luck!

PS: Maybe you could try tidying up the wires, and secure them outside of the RX box (if possible)?

I had to Google that model as it's hard to follow thir branding lol. They make a lot of cool RCs, I just don't understand the model number thing haha.

There's a bolt by the trigger which has as spring attached to it. So like the idiot I am, I decided to turn it without knowing 100% what it does lol! Sure enough, it added tension to the spring. Perfect!

I want to keep the harness and everything stock as I may put this in a different rig. I picked up some nice mesh loom, which should help me hide everything.

Got the 30t pinion, mesh set and we're getting closer to first rip. I might be able to button everything up tomorrow. Oh and I rotated the can so can mount the fans easier and further back without rubbing the wires. Which also required trimming part of the center support.

20211130_211719.jpg

nd
I had to Google that model as it's hard to follow thir branding lol. They make a lot of cool RCs, I just don't understand the model number thing haha.

There's a bolt by the trigger which has as spring attached to it. So like the idiot I am, I decided to turn it without knowing 100% what it does lol! Sure enough, it added tension to the spring. Perfect!

I want to keep the harness and everything stock as I may put this in a different rig. I picked up some nice mesh loom, which should help me hide everything.

Got the 30t pinion, mesh set and we're getting closer to first rip. I might be able to button everything up tomorrow. Oh and I rotated the can so can mount the fans easier and further back without rubbing the wires. Which also required trimming part of the center support.

View attachment 138402
Thanks! Yeah, Wltoys makes great affordable models, not as good as top-end Arrma, but still plenty of fun! The number naming can be confusing, but I've found a certain "pattern" to it: the first 2 letters indicate the scale (144001 is 1/14, 12401_ are 1/12, 104001 is 1/10, 284131 is 1/28, ect.), and the rest of the letter sometimes indicates the "sub series/line" (144001, 144002, and 124019/8/7/6, and 104010, 104009, 12423/7/8/9).

That's nice being able to adjust the throttle spring tension! You'll never know what that little bolt does until you turn it!

Whoa, that is a lot of wire! My wire lengths now look puny compared to those wires! I can't tell/see where you trimmed the center support, so that's a good sign! Hope you have enough space to fit the ESC in there in front of the motor!

20211201_155920.jpg

Pretty much done, minus fine tuning the esc and remote. I may change the battery leads.

View attachment 138450

Pretty much done, minus fine tuning the esc and remote. I may change the battery leads.
Man, you're up early working on RCs! I usually work on mine later in the evening when I'm done with my work and stuff. On-roads wheels on an Xmaxx? Is this just for testing, or until you can get proper off-road tires? Or are you building this Xmaxx to be some kind of on-road MT street basher?

Man, you're up early working on RCs! I usually work on mine later in the evening when I'm done with my work and stuff. On-roads wheels on an Xmaxx? Is this just for testing, or until you can get proper off-road tires? Or are you building this Xmaxx to be some kind of on-road MT street basher?

Oh I finished this at like midnight and called it a night. Updated the post while I was "working".

It's probably going to be a street queen. I almost don't want to take it out, since it's so nice lol. I've go another xmaxx that I can use off-road.

Oh I finished this at like midnight and called it a night. Updated the post while I was "working".

It's probably going to be a street queen. I almost don't want to take it out, since it's so nice lol. I've go another xmaxx that I can use off-road.
Heh heh...we've all been up a little later than we should wrenching, am I right? No one's a saint...does anyone really ONLY do work when they're supposed to be working/studying?
Xmaxx as a street queen? That's like buying a pair of hiking boots and using them for jogging...lol! Well, I'm guessing it probably will see other terrain besides asphalt! This Xmaxx could be your back-up/light bash Xmaxx. Gotta let it see the real world sooner or later, then clean off the evidence! 😀