Electric TC3 Owners....PLEASE HELP!!!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

30%NitroBoy

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Whaddup guys and gals,

Well, I got a RTR ELectric TC3 while back (I wanted the TEam Racer kit but didn't have the money @ the time as I'd taken my wife shopping that day...lol). I love this damn car compared to my belt driven electrics and nitros as it's so simple and so effective. I guess I got two free hop-ups or they're shipping them that way now as my RTR came with the blue alluminum drive shaft and the box says and shows a black composite one. It also came with with a Blue Alluminum heatsink and again the box and instructions show that it's a hop-up part (it was factory sealed) so I guess I really lucked out as I payed $200 out the door...anyway.

I've never done the gearing on a TC3 before and I want to go lower as the indoor track I race on is very tight and very challenging. It's very obvious from outdoor racing that somehwat lower gearing (assuming a good driver of course) is the way to go on this track to get out of the corners. I was going to use a "legal" 27 turn motor but everyone is running all kinds of different motors on that track so I'm just going to stick with the stock AE "POWER 19" that I'm very happy with for now (next will be a UBER nice Trinity or brushless). I went through all of the instructions and it doesn't state the stock gearing anywhere.

So what lower gearing would you guys reco for the 19 turn motor (I don't wanna burn it up with improper gearing of course)????

Peace and TIA

Never mind,

I'm way tooo bored with electric in general and it will be for sale here soon with a brand new Ferarri Enzo paitned and trimmed body.

Peace

Put a 96 spur gear and run a 19 turn epic binary.. you'll be hot with that

Originally posted by RatzoRC
Put a 96 spur gear and run a 19 turn epic binary.. you'll be hot with that

I have it for sale in on this forum. If I don't get any offers or a fair one I'll just keep it. I normally wouldn't bother with it for something less then $250 but I wanted some money for Maxx parts and didn't want it collecting dust in my garage.

Thanks very much for the reco, if I keep it that's how I'll gear it bro. This forum is pretty dead on Electric touring, then again it is called NitroRctalk..lol. So wait, 19 Turn epic binary is a motor right?? What spur and pinion combo would you reco for the stock 19 turn motor??

Peace

Well,

The deal fell through as the dude tried to low-ball the hell out of me..lol. I'm just gonna keep the TC3 as many here now how you change intrest in this hobby like you change your boxers..ha.

I'd still love to here some gearing recos.

Peace

Back