Electric runaway

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mzanzirc

RCTalk Champion
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Has anyone experienced a runaway with an electric car?

If you type rc car runaway in google, all the posts are about nitro.

I guess the only time you can have a runaway with a electric is if you do not have your TX-RX failsafe setup, go full tilt and run out of range, or the TX batteries dies.

I've never had a runaway with an electric only with nitro
in electric even if i drove out of range the motor would simply cut out and you would have to go on a long walk to get the car back

I've never had electric RC runaway. When I start to hit the range limit I just start to feel some lag in my TX and that lets me know to bring it back a bit.

The old Traxxas AM, I've had some, mostly 1/3 or 2/3 throttle. No aluminum or cf, ran in that lot for 15 or 20 years, the old compound.

The nitro also did it a few times.

Once was water, it dried then worked normally.
A few were range and broken radio anteena, others were batteries low.

One time with the nitro I came so close to eating a brick landscaping around the tree. I tugged the throttle to hard and jammed it in the controller housing locking it wot. It was my friends car about 10 minutes after he left.

I've never had a nitro runaway - I always use a throttle return spring.

I've had some driftaways though :D (failed brakes)

only seen a e run away when a guys new futaba radio 2011 ish was interfered with a motion detection alarm. it went off a 15 foot table top into a wall full speed. he then started putting a chip bag over the motion detector on the wall 10 feet up