Electric RC Truck Going Backwards By Itself

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4x4 diesel

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I have a 1/10 scale Exceed RC Brushless Pro Electric Infinitive EP RTR Off Road Truck with everything stock, including the battery. I have had it for about 2 years and it has worked perfect until a couple of months ago. For some odd reason when the controller is in the neutral state it will go in reverse full throttle, and when going forwards it will apply the brakes the second that the throttle is released so that it can not roll with the momentum. I have tried everything I could think of with the trim settings on the controller. It will go in reverse even if the controller is off. I do not know what to do since I am just an amateur driver. What could be wrong and how would I solve this problem? Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions. :)

Have you tried resetting the ESC? Did the ESC get wet? Have you tried switching the throttle and steering servos on the receiver (RX) to see if the same problem occurs?

Have you tried resetting the ESC? Did the ESC get wet? Have you tried switching the throttle and steering servos on the receiver (RX) to see if the same problem occurs?

I do not know how to reset the ESC...It hasn't ever got wet. I don't know how to switch the throttle and steering servos on the receiver... Sorry I don't know how to do much, I just know how to drive it. :) :hehe: Thanks

Sorry, but I'm unable to find a free manual on line for that car.
You might want to start by reprogramming the ESC as suggested.
Obviously there's no need to rebind since it recognizes the radio.
On their website there should be a phone # or Email addy for support that will explain how to reprogram it.
Don't you have the manual it came with?

I reset the ESC (googled around and figured out how.) Thank You SO MUCH! I'm new to the site, how do I choose your answer as the best, or can you at all? Thanks again

Last edited:
@ 4x4 Diesel : If this ever happens again, for the love of all creatures great and small, capture it on video and post it here immediately. THEN fix the problem :mustache:

Thank You SO MUCH! I'm new to the site, how do I choose your answer as the best, or can you at all? Thanks again

We sure appreciate your gratitude, but that's what we're here for, helping out with the problems.
I'll check, but it seems our "Thanks" button has disappeared.

did you did reset your trim adj on the TX before reprogramming?