Electric or petrol

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

glynnc

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
Hey gang enjoying things,aving great fun with first rc,thinking upgrade near crimbo,heard good/bad things bout nitro,petrol rc,speed, power I'm liking,I know with nitro/petrol there's more to them,can be dearer,do I stay with electric or push boat out, so to spk thx
I'm brushed electric atm

Mix it up a bit, give a gas/nitro car a try. Would be easy to stay electric, and modern electric is so good that there isn’t really an advantage to going nitro other than the experience and something new to learn.

If you like to tinker then go for a nitro if you're the type who like to spend more time running than wrenching then stay with electric.

Hey gang enjoying things,aving great fun with first rc,thinking upgrade near crimbo,heard good/bad things bout nitro,petrol rc,speed, power I'm liking,I know with nitro/petrol there's more to them,can be dearer,do I stay with electric or push boat out, so to spk thx
I'm brushed electric atm
Whats up bud. There is alot more to a nitro/petrol RC vehicle. Then the electric RCs. And they can be very load and sometimes a PITA. I have had nitro since the late 90s early 2000s. Over the past yr or two. I have been getting into the electric side of the RC world. Got to say I'm loven it. Besides the whole watch your esc/motor Temps. Plus alot less care and maintenance to electric then nitro. But I love the sound and smell of nitro/fuel. If you are a mechanical type of guy. And understand how a motor/carb works. And you are looking for more/ different/ challenging style then just plug a battery in and go. And are comfortable with it then GO FOR IT!!!! You can never have enough RCs. More the merrier. But if your just looking for more speed/power. The electric motors have more tourqe. And you can gear either electric/ nitro for speed.

get a brushless. then youll never lok at nitro /petrol again.. I'm a pure E guy..had a few nitros.dint like to adjust. I'm more of a charge plug and go..sum like nitro. some are E . have fun all..

get a brushless. then youll never lok at nitro /petrol again.. I'm a pure E guy..had a few nitros.dint like to adjust. I'm more of a charge plug and go..sum like nitro. some are E . have fun all..

That's just the easy way out LOL

That's just the easy way out LOL
I want my fun now not bench tune drive 1 hr to a place I can run. then try to start after humidity goes up a few along with temp and have a sputter popper. nope . plug and go..

Oh yeah a hr drive. That does suck sorry to hear that man. Like I said the nitro side of RC Can definitely be a pain in the a**. Especially with the tunning because of humidity and temp. But I run rite out side my house. As long as it after 7am and before 10pm. I can make all the noise I want. Plus the neighbor hood I live in is basically all blue collar people. That run around on dirt bike,go carts, side by sides. And anything that has a motor and wheels LOL . It all out ball to the wall FUN around here. LOL sounds like VIOLET from willy Wonka " I WANT IT AND I WANT IT NOW" 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Back