Electric motor question for 1/10

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sweetlou0069

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
Hi I'm kinda new in the electric world n I have a hpi sprint flux 2. I changed alot of parts for aluminum so its heavier now. I want a faster engine that could take lipo 3s. My question what kind of engine would be good for this ? I look on Ebay and I'm litterly lost theres so many different kinds forces brands ext.. I dont need a specifique engine , just what do i have to look for like the force wise? On the pages they say if its 2-3 s lipo ext but not for what type of car it's used n top speed of it, I want something fast that'll still be able to kinda drift. I'm just scared of ordering a crawler engine or something like that not meant for a fast/ drift car . Any help would be much appreciated thank you

The motor size would be a 540 size motor kv of users choosing...so you know for sure a 3 cell will fit in this chassis? id make sure esc have maximum motor rpm ranges..I thought that car came with what I call a hot motor to start from 5400kv to 5600kv am I wrong?.you take full charge battery x kv rate to get rpm..kv is rpm x 1 volt. we use 2 -3-4-5-6-8 cells..id go with a 5800kv on 2 cells..save the extra work the 3 cells will break.

Back