electric help!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mn Monster

RCNT Nitro Sniffer
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
i'm a nitro guy, who is looking at an older tmaxx electric for my son (10). i have found a nice used electric tmaxx on ebay, but have no idea if it's good but. in the pictures it shows a pair of trinity motors. i know nothing about electric motors. here is the info i have from the picture of the motor

Trinty 17x1
rmp 22.178
power 147.7 watts
eff 67%
torq 281 Nmm

are these good motors? any help appreciated !

---------- Post added at 10:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 9:56 AM ----------

here are some pictures

http://www.auctiva.com/hostedimages...38284,510738423,510737623,510737727,510737674,

Thats the old Emaxx 3906 with origanal esc. has quite a bit alloy which could be bad thing really Chargers old too.

Thats the old Emaxx 3906 with origanal esc. has quite a bit alloy which could be bad thing really Chargers old too.

would it be worth $80.00 plus shipping?

one is titan 550 motor one is trinity, Chances are you'll need two new motors of the same type. Or a single bigger motor.But for 10year old just bashing about two new titans would be better or two new trinitys.$80 is the most i'd pay for that one with old evx. If the alloy is integy offer $50.

I'm just looking for a cheap way to get my son into RC trucks. i though this might be a good one for him.

you could find better with christmas coming and people wanting rid of old r/c's to fund newer ones. You'll need to upgrade some stuff on that to make it better, or just use that money to go towards a newer spec emaxx or other truck.

i think the red aluminum parts are GPM? but not sure

that maxx looks bad ass!!! I think your son would love it!!! My kids wouldnt let me get rid of my emaxx when it had all the aluminum on it, and if you put twin 775's on there with the 16.8volt esc he will have a rippen MT.. emaxx's are tough!! I beat the crap out of mine and put back to plastic so I could sell it for a summit cause the summit is something I have wanted for a while but I had to promise to use the aluminum parts to build a new e-maxx...

From experience I got my kids a smaller rc than what I got and then I had to end up getting them each one that was about the same size... as a kid a huge rc that rips along is amazing... although stampedes are cool too... Personaly I think it would be woth the 80 bucks to grab and spend a few bucks to update and aupgrade a couple things!!!

it was on ebay and sold for $137.....i was NOT the high bidder! I'm now looking at a stampede for him ! thanks for all the info

Back