Electric Avenue Pic Thread

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChasCS

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hey guys and gals,
Please post some pics of your favorite electric RC vehicles.
I'm considering making acquisition of an smaller sized electric, and am curious to see some of your own cars/trucks. Suggestions or what to Steer away from.

Thanks for sharing and for participation on this great and very fun forum.
Yes, I'm already aware of:
https://www.rcnitrotalk.com/gallery/showgallery.php/cat/509

Chas

It depends on what your plans are for this rig. Are you looking for 2wd, 4wd, MT, ST, SC? Being in Canada, you'll probably want waterproof, this'll allow you to run in the snow with out any real worries.

Snow Runner

It depends on what your plans are for this rig. Are you looking for 2wd, 4wd, MT, ST, SC? Being in Canada, you'll probably want waterproof, this'll allow you to run in the snow with out any real worries.

Hi SchrodeMode,
Yes, exactly. I am in need of something to enjoy mainly in winter. Sure, I could likely run my Savage X without too much worry. I could certainly spray it with something to reduce moisture access. Not quite sure what?
Perhaps a lightly sprayed application of 3M Fabric Guard. A moisture repellant.

But yeah, I need another model. Likely go electric, two wheel rear drive.
It would be awesome, to build something with tracks, or skis even, replacing the front wheels.

Chas

If you're wanting 2wd, you could look at the Stampede, Slash, Rustler, or Bandit, all of these are pretty similar and you could put the ski kit from FFRC on them. Below is a picture of a Rustler w/ skis, it could use some paddles in the rear though.

RustlerSKI2__80828.1343142143.1280.1280.jpg

I would recommend a 4wd, with paddle tires for the snow though. Below's a sample of a T-Maxx with paddles

1179-00-3.jpg

Hi,
Hey those are both sweet rides.
I could dig sand on the Alberta Beach with those paddle wheels too.

I love the skis on front of that first model, just wonder how well they steer in the slush and snow? & Cost? Both are precisely what I'm after...
Thanks

Chas

These are the only two electrics I got that run. There around 20+ years old tho...
You could stay warm and run em on carpet.

2012-11-10_18-50-07_790.jpg

2012-11-10_18-50-37_548.jpg

2012-11-10_18-49-03_639.jpg

Hi,
That seems quite reasonabley priced.
And they look good too, which is even more important.
I may have to look further into this.
Thanks

Chas

---------- Post added at 5:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 5:14 PM ----------

These are the only two electrics I got that run. There around 20+ years old tho...
You could stay warm and run em on carpet.

2012-11-10_18-50-07_790.jpg

2012-11-10_18-50-37_548.jpg

2012-11-10_18-49-03_639.jpg

Hi ausher,
Yes, something like that would most assuredly get me by, until spring run off. The wheels would certainly be safe enough indoors.
Ah, but I would much rather have something to run outdoors on mild days.

Any ideas there?

Thanks

Chas

I believe FFRC is a RCNT sponsor as well, it's always good to support someone who supports our great forum.

If you're wanting 2wd, you could look at the Stampede, Slash, Rustler, or Bandit, all of these are pretty similar and you could put the ski kit from FFRC on them. Below is a picture of a Rustler w/ skis, it could use some paddles in the rear though.

RustlerSKI2__80828.1343142143.1280.1280.jpg

I'm in the process of building one of these right now...I have the kit already...Wheels and paddle tires from pro-line are being shipped as we speak, and the skis are the only thing I still have to buy.

My old jrxt I put skis on front of it and took sheet metal screws and screwed them through the tire from the inside and then filled the tire and rim with expandable foam rubber to hold the screws in place. Worked great on snow and ice. I generally try not to get my electrics wet tho. Nothing was waterproof. The receiver I would put inside a balloon and zip tie the end with the wires going out to keep moisture from getting to it.

My old jrxt I put skis on front of it and took sheet metal screws and screwed them through the tire from the inside and then filled the tire and rim with expandable foam rubber to hold the screws in place. Worked great on snow and ice. I generally try not to get my electrics wet tho. Nothing was waterproof. The receiver I would put inside a balloon and zip tie the end with the wires going out to keep moisture from getting to it.

ausher,
That's a great idea, with the tires.
We must be better than average thinkers.

Some RC boat kits are packed with a balloon for protection of certain electronics.
You'd think they could devise a better, fool proof system for an H2o barrier.

Chas

---------- Post added at 6:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 6:55 PM ----------

I'm in the process of building one of these right now...I have the kit already...Wheels and paddle tires from pro-line are being shipped as we speak, and the skis are the only thing I still have to buy.

Hi greywolf,
I'd be interested in seeing it, when you get her all tied up, and running.
Funny how some of us have similar interests where RCing is concerned.

Awesome!!
It should be an exciting winter after all...

Chas

Last edited:
The summit would also be a good rig for the mud/snow. A bit spendy, but you have the option to lock the diffs for full time 4wd.

Hi,
Wow, there are plenty of reasonable options.
So nice, now I have some decisions to mull over.
I had thought to just go rear wheel drive, so the front skis could be added eventually.
If I so choose, or not. I must decide.
I appreciate everyones input.

Chas

They have the ski kit for the Revo, if it fits the Revo, it should fit the Summit. I may be wrong, but I believe the Summit and Revo share the same carriers. If I wasn't on my phone right now I'd check.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

Just get a set of these all the way around
T4122SILVER.jpg

Hi,
Yeah, that was the other direction I was going, but obviously at a higher price.
I would simply install those on my Savage X and be done with it.

I wonder too about upkeep and maintenance with those tracks.
How would you lube all the many various joints?

But they look awesome while running too. Very!!

Chas

Yeah i will have pics and video of it eventually but I have a bunch of projects ahead of that one atm so it probably wont be until Jan or feb before i get around to that.

---------- Post added at 12:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:36 PM ----------

Nothing was waterproof.

Things can be made 100% waterproof if you're willing to do it.

Back