ECX AMP MT ESC Pairing

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JezHall

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
Hi,

I just got an ECX AMP mt but the steering servo will not move.

I tried 2 more servo's but they also are not responsive......which makes me think it could be the ESC at fault?

It is a ECX13006 with an ECX13005 Tx. It did seem to pair OK and the motor turns fine, just no action from the servo.

......Is there anything to look for in the ESC before I scrap it?

Thanks in advance.......

Maaaaaybe dual rate (ST DR) is all the way to the left. But even then the servo would probably center when you plug it in.

Maaaaaybe dual rate (ST DR) is all the way to the left. But even then the servo would probably center when you plug it in.
There is no noise or movement from any servo when i plug it in.............

Check the voltage on the pins of the receiver. If the ESC is delivering power to the motor, it is likely not the ESC. Have you tried rebinding the Tx to the Rx?

Check the voltage on the pins of the receiver. If the ESC is delivering power to the motor, it is likely not the ESC. Have you tried rebinding the Tx to the Rx?
I'll check the voltage when i have my meter.....In the meantime I swapped the ESC and it works fine.

Should I try to re-solder the joints to the servo wires?

I'll check the voltage when i have my meter.....In the meantime I swapped the ESC and it works fine.

Should I try to re-solder the joints to the servo wires?
Oh, is this an all in one esc/receiver?

Yes it is. Probably easier to buy a new one....?
If it is a 5 wire servo, you would need a new servo, esc, receiver, and radio. If it is a 3 wire, you would need everything above except the servo. Easier? Not really easier, but much better.

Back