Ebay 1st Sell . not happy.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jacknifejuv

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
so I've finally started to put some stuff on ebay for sale that i dont use any more the 1st item to sell was my spare force pullstart including one way bearing hardly used and in perfect condition , item sold for a ball pinching 9.50GBP heres the link http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/280724630...OX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1562.l2649#ht_500wt_1156 the buyer received it today and sent me a message saying the string broke and he wants a refund , i told him no returns accepted as stated in the listing and that i had checked it before i posted it , i told him that he must of used excessive force or made a too long of a stroke and unloaded the spring , or maybe that he had flooded the engine causing too much pressure on the pullcord, heres the reply no mate i no how to use a pull start i dont pull it all the way out the end of the thread thing and you can pull these things alot harder than wat you think on the pull start was worn and snapped at the handle. it coiled back into the starter dont find this very funny at all it hasent been used hanful of times what a load of rubish...... now I'm not bloody fool but do you think this guy is takin me for a ride because I've never sold on ebay before ???

---------- Post added at 3:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 3:35 PM ----------

and now the only feed back i have is 1 which is negative thanks a f*****g lot you pr***

I know if i had a problem with something i bought on ebay, i would give the seller a chance to make it right before feedback was left

no chance given , didnt even have time to reply , i would not mind one bit if the pullstart was heavily used refund would be given straight away i mean the pull cord was still white not your usual oily colour ,

There's too many variables to breaking a pull start,if he was worried about longevity he should have purchased new instead of being a cheapskate.You didn't list it as new right?

Bottom line is your buyer is being a jerk. Be sure to post a rebuttal to your neg feedback to explain your side and then post neg feedback for them. Oh wait, sellers can't post neg for buyers,how screwed up is THAT! One of the many reason's I don't sell much on eBay anymore. Seriously though,do the rebuttal. It'll help people to overlook the neg post.

Make sure in the feedback section where your negative feedback is, you can post a response to it and simply state that there is no returns as stated in the loisting and no time givin to make it right before feedback was left. I hate Ebay

Since it's your one and only feedback, I would abandon the account and start a new one using a different email addy if you plan on doing further business on feebay.

thanks for your input i have 2 listings still active one with bids on and one with 2 people watchin when thay are gone i will create new , nope i specified it was used and not new it even came with a new one way bearing for less than a tenner , a**h*** but now i have to wait 21 days for my paypal balance to become available grrrrrr

a will have to email them and see what theyy say i really dont fancy having to start a fresh beacuse of some douche

Back