easy way to mount rear tires on baja.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beason

Bash, Fix, Repeat..
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
i was fighting with the tires on this beast and i found an easy way to do it so i thought i would share. i was having a problem getting the tire to spin on the wheel to line up the screw holes.

parts (notice the wrapped foams)
IMG_7967-800.gif

put foam on wheel
IMG_7968-800.gif

turn tire inside out
IMG_7969-800.gif

line up outside of tire
IMG_7970-800.gif

press in ring (i know i have the wrong one on there, i fixed it..)
IMG_7971-800.gif

install screws
IMG_7972-800.gif

stretch tire over foam
IMG_7973-800.gif

inside lines up!!
IMG_7974-800.gif

mount up other ring.
IMG_7975-800.gif

done!!

I got one that ll knock your Socks off.

put foam on rim, do any taping you do. take foam off rim. put in tire, lineing up tabs for bolts. now, slide rim in thru back of tire/foam, aligning the mount tabs as you slide it in.

put front bl ring on. secure into place with bolts. now take the rear side, and just flip the tire over the inner rim edge, to the outside of the rim, put bl on and secure in place with bolts.

no fighting. not hand killing ect. your method is good, but youll have one HELL of a time doing that with hostiles tires cuz they are firm as hell.

i tried sliding it over, and if the holes were just a little off, i couldnt get the tire to spin on the rim for anything!! my thumb still hurts from trying.

yea i will be getting some different tires soon. are the hostiles the best?

When I got my SS kit and had to put my Hostile AT's on the stock rims....holy crap. I think that was the longest step in the entire assembly process. Took me 30 mins+ to get the first rear tire together, the second a lil quicker than that. At least the front tires were easy.

I get the joy of putting another set of tires together next month when I get my Pro-Line Desperados and Hostile MX (hard compound). Cue "Ode to Joy".

Back