Easy Shock Sock!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mach1basher

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I found this tip in a old Rc Car Driver mag. All you need is an empty water bottle and a party balloon. All you do is drop the spring into the water bottle, put the balloon on the opening, then squeeze the bottle and have the spring drop into the bottle. After that you take the water balloon off the water bottle and cut off the excess balloon form the spring and reassemble the shock. There have been people that use matallic balloons and have turned out great.

How about that. Who'd a thunk it? No doubt you're talking about the thin balloons that clowns make animals out of. Great idea.

bah...

shock-covers-socks-guards.jpg

http://www.badhorsie.com/products/shock-covers.html

worth it... for sure.

Nice...crap on a thread with an advertisement...

This is a great idea and has been posted before. Yes, the ones you can buy are nice...but for cheap and effective covers, a balloon will work just as well. They just wear down a bit quicker than the fabric ones, but are easy and cheap to replace.

i was crapping... eh... maybe it was an advertisement. my apologies. i've had the bad horsies for a few years though, and i just can't imagine ever using a balloon ever again. i did it for a few months...

if you want some nice shock covers, for a sub $10 investment, you can not go wrong. seriously... they've been on my revo for almost 3 years... it is almost time for a new set though, i'll admit.

anyway... i say good day!

Considering the fact that this thread is in the reviews/how to section and this thread is about how to make a shock cover, your post amounts to thread crapping.

Do you have a valid point? Yes. Are the covers you posted nice? Yes. Is it pertinent to this particular thread? No.

If you want to hype badhorsie's covers, then start a seperate thread about them. That way you do not cloud this individual's find with advertising that takes away from the do it yourself style shock cover or the fact that it is a how to...

Just my two cents...and a wish for you to also have a good night.

Again, thanks to mach1basher for posting this tip. I think It's a great idea. It will protect your shocks without shocking your budget.

Back