Early departure date....

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

El Pirata

RCTalk VIP
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I'll be taking a trip with the Army to ther west coast by way of a ship through the via the Panamá Canal. I'll be out of the net until mid to late July so don't think I took a trip to the sandbox. Also, while I knew I was going I was told I am taking a gaggle of 5 others with me as passengers on the ship today and that we will be leaving around this weekend or Monday at the latest. Catch you on the flip side.

Sorry Sky, no more bashing until it gets really hot here.

Peace:microwave

Take care, we'll be here when you make it back
:radio: :cheers:

Come back in one piece.We'll all be waiting here for your return !:wedgie:

I'm betting he didn't even think about that. Hey Pirata time to box up the Savage and get some West Coast Action.

O_O Noooo pirata dont leave us! Nooooooooooooo dont leave us

Originally posted by SkyMaxx
I'm betting he didn't even think about that. Hey Pirata time to box up the Savage and get some West Coast Action.
Naw, we had to get several dozen labels on the roughly 70 containers that I am loading on the ship that contain any type of hazardous material. While a gallon of nitro might not seem like much but I mean the bean counters really went off the deep end checking the label of a 1 pint can of grease that was contained within a single container and everything else after that. Besides, this is why I actually bought my piece of turd electric for missions like this.

Originally posted by El Pirata
piece of turd electric

good way to put it :hehe:

Good Luck El. We'll miss your jokes and snake stories.

If your going to be in Northern CA Just UPS it to me and Ill hold the box for you. No big deal:wedgie: I have plenty of fuel.

Love to catch up with you if possible. let me know.
-Ed

Pirata just leave the hazmat behind and buy some out there. I mean come on, how many chances are you going to get to run your Savage somewhere other than Hampton Roads. Besides, it looks like Eddy has volunteered some fuel. Go for it!

At the terminal today the guys at the entrance went off the deep end because one of my containers was labeled that it contained nautical flares. Yes, 6 boxes that are 1'X1'X2" and each box contained probably about 5 shotgun type flare shell and about 5 hand held flares, similar to roadside flares. I mean it's not like the container was filled to the brim with flares. I mean the container contained the amount that the CFR (CODE of FEDERAL REGULATIONS) requires on each and every commercial vessel that enter the US Territorial Seas are required to have unfailingly. I thought it was pretty stupid that they were going off the deep end but when I saw them have an ARMED escourt lead the truck with the container out of the port I realized how, hmmmm, intellectually challenged some people really are.

I mean really, had they been brought in the cab of any given truck they MAY have asked what they were but doubtful they would have even noticed or cared. For the record these are the same flares that you pick up at boater's world type places just over the counter and need no license to own or operate. As it stands it looks like Friday night will be the Haze Gray and underway date. I'll probably be unplugged tomorrow evening so I'll catch everyone when I get back.

Must be all that Homeland Security stuff...well, have a safe trip. As we say in the Navy, Fare winds and following seas.

Let us know when you are back in the area.

Correction on the return date, EARLY AUGUST since I forgot to factor in the 3 week return trip back effective to leave in mid July. While I will miss my daughter and my Savage greatly, I will not have to deal with my PRC (prounounced prick) E-8 for almost 2 full months while I am taking a cruise. The other cool beans part is after returning from the trip I will depart a few days later for a trip down the ditch for a week or so then followed by a month of leave that they can't deny me since I will loose it unless I use it. All in all I am looking at about 3 total months without having to deal with my PRC E-8's BS!!!

New updated departure time is going to be on Saturday night or Sunday morning. I told my boss I am going to send a replacement to supervise the upload tomorrow afternoon so I can spend almost an entire day with my daughter then leave without having to see her in these hour before she goes to sleep each night as I return from the 18 hour days. I might not be online tomorrow or not but if not I'll catch you guys in a few months. Catch you on the flip side.

Peace man. Good luck!

So I take it your in the military? I am a little slow.