E-savage Diffs

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flm_savage

Hardcore RCTalk User
Supporter
Military Veteran
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
A few months ago i popped the diffs in my e-savage. i have two options.

option 1: GCM twin diffs. they are bulletproof but run $106 a piece. GCM is top of the line and i have over $400 worth of their stuff installed right now. $212 for diffs just seems pricey to me.

option 2: the full stock assemly is $25. i figure i can shim them tighter and get more life out of them.

What do you think?

after talking to chip i decided to go with the $106 diffs and a $62 friction clutch from GCM. $274 shipped for 2 diffs and a clutch.

i'll post back when they get here. (2 weeks)

parts came in today. i am out of town but i plan to go home and get them installed tommorow. i might post pics.

here are the pics from the website.
DIFFS
TWIN01.jpg

dscf0005qw5.jpg

CLUTCH
clutch010.jpg

If all goes well, i will get the 8711, CC BEC, Diffs, and clutch installed tommorow with time for a test run that evening.

That clutch is interesting! Do they make one for the Nitro tranny?

it will fit any 6mm tranny input.

Got the diffs in today and WOW. They are SILKY smooth. I'm not sure if it was gear whine i was hearing before it what but these things are amazing. I put STL8 on the ring and pinion so maybe that helped the noise as well. Overall the fit was perfect and i couldn't be happier.

I don't see those diffs failing unless a bearing takes a dump. Very nice quality.

nobody has broken them yet. one guy braked so hard he stripped all the teeth off of his ring gear and they still held.

Back