E revo gen 1

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Owenjones1112

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
So is an e revo gen 1 may good and also is it any good on just 4s? Thx

I ran my brushless e-revo on 4S for 3 years. It was pretty fun. Then I started running 6S in my outcast and 3S in my small trucks, so I didn't want to have to keep 2S and 3S packs around... then I bought a 2.0 roller and ran 6S in it since.

As long as you set your punch low, roll onto the throttle, the v1 will hold up pretty well on 4S. I'd have to replace the front/rear slider axles about once a year due to the yokes stretching out.

I also found running ~7200mah 2S packs was easier on the truck overall vs fitting the largest 2S packs you can find in it. When I started, I ran SMC 9000mah 2S packs in it. They were heavy and caused shock/rocker/pushrod issues. Dropping down to 7200's only cut a few minutes off my run time, but lessened the impact when landing jumps or crashing.

My last 4S bash with it:

My most recent 6S bash with it as a v2:

Gets a bit more hang time now... sadly, my driving skill hasn't improved much in a year. lol!

Last edited:
As a E Revo V1 owner, luv it by the way, 4s(2, 2s 7600mah) is perfect for bashing. I have 6s(2, 3s 5000mah) also but its way to much power for bashing. It is fast as heck though on 6s.

Back