E revo 1.5 back in action!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peeeenuuutt

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
It’s alive again! Finally I get to beat this thing into the ground :D.

Ignore the bad cogging. MXL had a stroke and survived but isn’t happy. Updated to a bad firmware and even after reverting to a modern one (what it had installed before) but it still cogs bad until you really get on it. Doesn’t bother me, I’m not really below half throttle ever.

Got any shock limiting straps/cables on the rear? When I put trencher 3.8's on mine, I started ripping shock ends off frequently. I made some limiters out of clothesline cable I used back when I had a 5B. Only really had the issue on the rear, which is good because I couldnt see a good way to do the same on the front.

No limiting straps for me... to be honest I have yet to pull out shock rod ends yet.

No limiting straps for me... to be honest I have yet to pull out shock rod ends yet.
Usually happens during bad cartwheel landings. The top of the wheel hitting the ground and pushing it further than it can mechanically go. Just pulls the rod ends or shock ends off.

Looks mean with the trencher-x's on there. No weird rubbing on the arms or anything? I like the normal trencher 3.8's because the sidewall is taller, aids in absorbing the landings. I only run 4S, so I don't get that high of wheel speed for ballooning.

Usually happens during bad cartwheel landings. The top of the wheel hitting the ground and pushing it further than it can mechanically go. Just pulls the rod ends or shock ends off.

Looks mean with the trencher-x's on there. No weird rubbing on the arms or anything? I like the normal trencher 3.8's because the sidewall is taller, aids in absorbing the landings. I only run 4S, so I don't get that high of wheel speed for ballooning.
Nope. No rubbing. I like the look of the wider tires a lot more than the skinnies so I had to go with the low-sidewall-wide-tread tire. My truck is geared for about 45 (I run 6s) and these tires don’t balloon bad at all. Much less than the stocks.

Are you a Mamba Monster e revo? Or does yours have the mxl mm2?

I should get on top of this truck though... front diff has had a tooth out of the ring gear for so many months now I just feel bad for it, also many bearings are getting loud, etc. Motor is starting to wear out (because standard 8th scale motors are just too damn small for an e revo on 6s) and I gotta replace the cracked a arms

Back