E-maxx controls evx-2 with 2.4ghz

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

duramax47

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I got an e-maxx 3905. I tossed that old radio with the crystals. got a 4channel traxxas tq 2.4ghz with the 5 channel micro receiver. I got it all hooked up and when i turn the radio on and then the truck the steering wheel on the remote controls steering and throttle. Any ideas on whats going on and how to fix it?

Look closely at the receiver. There are two ports for channel 1 (steering). You might have the throttle wire plugged into the second steering channel port. Just move it over one to the third position.

That's what i thought, but the op is syaing the steering wheel on the Tx controls both the steering Ch1 and throttle Ch2 on the truck. If the two was plugged into Ch1 there would be no throttle, as that's controlled using Ch2.
If the question is miss interpreted then it's possible they're both in Ch1, then the throttle and wheel on Tx, is controlling only the steering on the truck.

On some Traxxas RX the top 2 ports are for steering as the larger Traxxas rigs run dual steering servos.

OP: Try plugging the throttle into the 3rd port.

It you got it used, maybe try setting it back to factory default and then to electric. I accidentally hooked my throttle into the second ch 1 steering port once and it acted pretty funky. Also if your connector doesn't have "some don't" the little blade sticking out on one side "so you can't plug it in upside down" then make sure it is plugged in the right way.

Back