e maxx brushless

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nachocarlson

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I was thinking of making my emaxx brushless and was wondering if it is worth have 2 brushless motors or will the 1 do good enough?

Thanks.

One big brushless motor is all you need really. Even if you did two motors you would need two ESC's because one brushless ESC cannot run two brushless motors.

thanks, ill just do that then

what would you recomend for a brushless system

brushless system

what would be the better brushless system for my emaxx and what does the kv stand for in 7700kv?

Threads merged.

No need for 2 threads on basically the same subject.

7700 kv is the amount of RPM the motor will turn per volt applied to it so if you had a 7700kv motor X 7.2 volt battery, the motor would turn 55440 RPM's with no load on it. In a Monster truck application you would generally run a lower Kv motor with more voltage. This will give you more torque needed for a bigger heavier RC and still give you a fairly high RPM. My 6.5 system with 2 7cell 8.4 volt packs = 16.8 volts, turns 57120 RPM's.

thanks, but what would you recommend for something more around the $150 range?

thanks, but what would you recommend for something more around the $150 range?

I'd recommend checking Ebay for something used, you really need a motor and ESC that is designed to handle the load of a heavier RC, not to mention the higher voltage because these rc's usually run on 2 batteries.

$150??? theres a good esc.

what about the velineon setup? the novak is going for around $250 on ebay new, there is not much for used on there.

what about the velineon setup? the novak is going for around $250 on ebay new, there is not much for used on there.

The Velineon system is not designed to work in a E Maxx, you can not run two battery packs to it and the motors would not have enough torque or handle the load and weight of the E Maxx. IMO you would just be throwing away your money.