Dynamite startup tool sets

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WoodiE

Kind of good admin
Administrator
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
dynamite-startup-tool-set.jpg

Dynamite has released two new startup tool sets, available in either metric or US sizes and are packaged in a convenient zipper pouch providing users with the ultimate in utility and flexibility. Containing almost every tool needed in order to maintain a R/C vehicle these tool sets are...

Click to continue

I am all over the standard set for my Losi and AE rigs.

I already have the Traxxas startup tool set and love it.

I've been wanting to "turn pro" and get rid of the stupid RTR L-wrenches. Might be time for me to put together a wish list for the Mrs. Christmas is just around the corner (believe it or not!)...

How are the tips on this Dynamite set?

Ball ends?
hardend steel?

I too would like to upgrade from some of the cheaper ones I've been using but I don't want to spend the money if I know these are going to round off after a few months.

I got this set from a give away on RCSHORTCOURSETALK.COM. Love them. Use them constantly.

I am all over the standard set for my Losi and AE rigs.

I already have the Traxxas startup tool set and love it.

Problem with Losi is that they are standard until you get to the engine. Then they turn metric.

Problem with Losi is that they are standard until you get to the engine. Then they turn metric.

Yeah... why is that? Idiots...

I got the OFNA ones a few years ago (I think) and as much as I like the convenience of them, they seem to strip a lot of screws. May be time to pickup a new hex set for my lithium driver. May try losi's or these next... or just eat it and get a set of hudy's or EDS's.

Yeah... why is that? Idiots...

I got the OFNA ones a few years ago (I think) and as much as I like the convenience of them, they seem to strip a lot of screws. May be time to pickup a new hex set for my lithium driver. May try losi's or these next... or just eat it and get a set of hudy's or EDS's.

which lithium driver did you get?

I picked up the Rigid 12V lithium driver. I don't have quick pick bits so I needed a driver with a 3 jaw chuck, it was also one of the lightest and came with 2 batteries.

best tool at my disposal at the moment.

I was going to buy a set at my LHS yesterday, but wasn't sure what they were charging and in the hurried manor of checkout, I forgot to ask...

The OFNA ones I got don't run real true, kind of bent a bit. They don't fit real snug in the bolts either, at least not as good as my losi hand wrenches I've been using for 10 years.

Well I got a set last weekend and used them to strip down my Sagage for new TVPs, a new X-style trans case, and a new pipe.

The tools worked nice, fit the screws cleanly, and got the job done.

The handle is a cam-style ratchet, so you can lock it, or turn it left or right to loosen or tighten without releasing your grip on the tool. Nice

The bits slide into a clutch you have to pull up on to insert the bit. This allows you to adjust the bit length for work. Choke up on it for strength, or slide it out for an extended reach. Nice

I got the metric set and it has nut drivers from 5mm to 8mm (but was afraid I might break the handle trying to remove an 8mm wheel nut)

The bits are #1 Phillips (no #2, which I think is important for like the TVP screws) and then 2, 2.5, 3, and 3.5 mm hex. They all worked nice and didn't strip a fastener or break a tip.

My ONLY gripe (besides no #2 Phillips) is the constant changing of the bits when tearing into a vehicle with various fastener types. Something like the Savage it would be nice to have a tool with its own handle to just pick up and use. Going back and forth swapping bits got a little aggravating at times.

HTH in your consideration to purchase...

Mark

That's why you convert everything to 4mm/3mm cap heads. :) Countersink be damned! lol

That does get old, but once you get used to using a bit type tool, you plan a bit and take out all the screws you can with one tool before switching to the next. The benefit is greater when your using a power driver of some sort. The handle type for me would be best suited to the pit box for field work.

I've got the t-maxx set, its a good set that has held up...

Back