Dynamite Passport 6s Lipo Charger

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

suhbliem

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I am fairly new to the electric side of R/C and have some questions about battery charging.

I have a parallel and series connector for the batteries I use on a E-Revo.

My question is: Is there a way to use parallel or series connectors to hook up to a battery charger to charge two batteries at once?

For my LiPos, for now I charge them one at a time, balance charger style. I notice that the charger I use has 5 more open slots for the balance lead plugs so I was wondering if I can use one of the above mentioned y-connectors to balance charge two lipos at the same time?

For my NiMh batteries, I use a peak detection charger. I was also wondering if I can use one of the above listed Y-Adapters so I can charge both batteries at once.

Only reason I want to do this is so I don't have to switch out batteries so much while they charge.

it depends on how many cells your charger will handle. if you have 2s or 3s and your charger will handle 6s your ok. but i dont think you can balance them. I've never tried it.

I am going to do some assuming here. Lets assume you are running a pair of lipo's each rated at 5Kmah. Cell count is irrelevant. I will also assume they accept a charge rate of 5C. This means you can safely charge them at 25A. Your charger has a max of 8A on the output and they are probably rating that for a lower voltage so at a higher voltage, you are getting less. (depends on output watts).

To answer your question, you COULD charge them in parallel but you wouldn't save any time because your charger output is already probably pegged just charging one of them. Put two on there and its just going to take twice as long to charge. On top of that you couldn't balance them so its a lose-lose situation IMO.

Edit: Those "extra ports" are probably just for different cell count lipo's. That doesn't mean you can charge a 1,2,3,4,5 and 6S lipo all at the same time.