Dynamite fuze 4500kv

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Calvin hobbes

RC Newbie
Reaction score
The motor on my sons vaterra khalahari has some play in the shaft and is a bit crunchy when you spin it. A small stone got caught between the pinion and spur.

Theses motors don’t have any screws. Do you just pry the end caps off or are these non-serviceable?
DE3F0180-3AF6-433F-9095-9FF3DACB66D5.jpeg

@Calvin hobbes the end caps could be pressed on, but check the end where the shaft comes out and ensure there aren't any screws inside there. You could also try doing a warranty claim.

Ok thanks. I’ve never done a warranty claim on rc parts,but couldn’t hurt to try.

i have some small motors like that they are pressed on like WoodiE said. What I do is put a pinion on the shaft and give a couple of taps on a solid surface and that end cap will pop off. It takes a little bit of effort but that cap will pop off.

Thanks. I did what you said and while tapping, the shaft loosened up and starting spinning smoothly. Must have been some grit stuck in there. I went and and removed the caps and blew out the dirt and oiled the bearings. Spins smooth now.

What’s the dark red stuff on either side of the shaft? Glue of some sort?

Attachments

• 3DCF7354-EA8F-4F05-AC91-A26AE869BDAC.jpeg
    3DCF7354-EA8F-4F05-AC91-A26AE869BDAC.jpeg
    163 KB · Views: 170
  • B254A08C-2BBA-495B-910C-3572EA920268.jpeg
    B254A08C-2BBA-495B-910C-3572EA920268.jpeg
    156.1 KB · Views: 148
..also, is if advisable to clean the winding with some electrical cleaner? Looks pretty dusty in there.

Thanks. I did what you said and while tapping, the shaft loosened up and starting spinning smoothly. Must have been some grit stuck in there. I went and and removed the caps and blew out the dirt and oiled the bearings. Spins smooth now.

What’s the dark red stuff on either side of the shaft? Glue of some sort?

Yeah these little motors can get dirty pretty quick being most things there in sit so low to the ground. Every now and then it's a good idea to do what you just did take it out and clean it.

The red stuff on the back and front of the rotor is for balancing so leave it alone.

..also, is if advisable to clean the winding with some electrical cleaner? Looks pretty dusty in there.

You can but spraying could just push the dirt further into the windings I usually just take a damp Q-tip to get as much dirt I can out then maybe spray.

Last edited:
Back