Dynamite AC/DC LiPo Charger

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
uh i think if you wanna run lipo with a stock slash you need a low voltage cutoff system

I have had this charger and it doesn't balance, and it's noise level is almost unbearable. You will need to purchase a separate balancer. The fan is also very loud and you cannot turn it off, the beep to let you know it's done charging will raise the dead.

Honestly, Spend the dough and get a nice balance charger.

My friend has one and its not loud at all actually but no it doesn't balance.

Your friend must have the fluke of the bunch then, I've heard nothing but bad things about the noise and mine was passed along to a new owner for that reason alone. My cats were afraid of the noise, and when the alarm went off my fiancee would flip out thinking it was the smoke detector or something. She hated it just as bad. Overall it does a decent job of charging, but for the cost and lack of balance capability it's just not worth the money. If you're looking to go lipo cheap, get a used charger from someone's Blade CX2 or something, they will balance charge 2-3s lipo. It's not the fastest, but you can pick them up for $10-20 easy if you look around.

Now, that's a good charger for the money. Also look at the intelli-peak ice from the same manufacturer.

Well,

It's been a long time since I posted here, so hi to all again.

I was debating on getting a truck a while ago, but never did, priorities changed I guess. Anyways, I've been doing a bit of reading lately, and am most likely going to end up with an e-maxx or e-revo.

Anyways, I bought one of these from my local hobby shop for about $50 or so for my helis a couple of years ago & it's been great:

http://www.hobbypeople.net/gallery/158374.asp

It takes about an hour to charge my lipos as I charge them at a slow rate, but it works well. I also bought a blinky astro lipo balancer for about $20. This was a good alternative to upgrading my charger (I guess I didn't realize how important a balancer was when I bought my charger)

I guess I anticipated wanting to charge other things as well.:)

Back