Dynamite 15T motor with 3200mah 3s Lipo battery. What will happen?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Qdog

RC Newbie
Reaction score
So I picked up a free rc truck without a transmitter, i bought new receiver and transmitter, charger and took it for a test ride. I had a problem and not knowing anything about rc's I assume i fried the motor and looking up the motor specs it rec's a 7.4-9.2 I believe. Not sure why the truck had a 11.2 in there. Am I right to assume I fried it and if so what is the best course to take, new batteries(9.2) and motor or new motor for 11.2 battery? Thanks in advance!

could have fried motor esc.. 12.8 on a 2 cell rated rc will kill many things. Nominal voltage is not a rating one uses.just some fyi best to use fully charged battery voltage

could have fried motor esc.. 12.8 on a 2 cell rated rc will kill many things. Nominal voltage is not a rating one uses.just some fyi best to use fully charged battery voltage
Would you go back with a 2S battery and same motor or match a motor to the 3s battery I have?
To add a little more info, after I got a transmitter and receiver the reverse was the only thing that worked until I pulled the jumper on the esc and it all worked, did that fry it possibly or like tnt said probably the 3s lipo on the brushed motor?

Last edited:
I would go with a fresh charged 2s battery then rebind and calibrate before condemning anything. I learned this the hard way.

Back