Dyed Fuel Tank And Wheels

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

truthseeker

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Here are some pics of a guy's blue dyed revo. I've never seen a tank dyed before. It came out pretty good, I think.

DSC00671a.gif

DSC00674a.gif

DSC00676a.gif

DSC00677a.gif

Interesting.
I have never seen this done to a fuel tank.
Wondering if any of the dye will get into the fuel system and if so, will cause any issues.

I still like to see into my tank to know how much fuel I have.

He put all kinds of nasty stuff into the tank to see if it would bleed, 'cause he dyed the inside, too and nothing came out blue, so i guess it's okay. He had the dye really hot, so that must make it get into the plastic better. As for seeing the fuel level, you can actually see it better than with the clear tank 'cause the contrast is better for some reason. It's not a solid blue; it's still kind of translucent.

hope hes not running top fuel or Blue thunder fuel. Id imagine with the blue gas and the blue tank he wouldnt be able to see it very well. Looks cool though.

looks nice.. never seen a tank done.. looks like a smurf ralphed on it.. lol

He is running the smurf juice. It works great! I couldn't believe it either. I told him he might have started a revolution. I'll try to get him on here if I can but he won't be back to the shop until next weekend.

WOW!!! Looks like a smurf threw up on his revo!

To much blue for me, but props to him for taking it to the next level!

Dyed fuel tank..now thats unique. My first thought was if the tank will have an air leak now from the hot dyed water. I've dyed everything but a fuel tank. I may have to try that......think i will do red.

Not a bad idea... I kinda like the dyed tank; I might have to try it the next time my t-maxx cracks a tank...

Looks ok with the stock wheels on, too much blue with the dyed wheels I think. Cool idea tho.

olds97_lss said:
It would probably come out pink... that would be kind of funny.

If it does, i will give it to my wife. lol

Its cool because its a completly new thing. I have never seen anything like that. But I have to agree with you guys, I think it might be too much blue with the rims and everything. But that is really cool. Never even crossed my mind to dye the fuel tank. Very ingenious

olds97_lss said:
It would probably come out pink... that would be kind of funny.
Kind of like my dishwasher aluminum parts lmao!!!

I have never used this before. Wonder if you could dye rockers and things like that?