DX5 pro issue help needed

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Turner421

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
So I recently got back into this hobby and have gone pretty hard into the paint already! I bought a Losi Tenacity db pro and hated the transmitter. So I bought a spektrum DX5 pro, because I had other high end spektrum radios the last time I was into this hobby. The issue is, that now since I bound the new transmitter to the receiver in my buggy it drives terrible! It has no brakes, no reverse and it takes off to the right when I try to brake🤦‍♂️! Have any of you guys delt with this kinda thing?

The DX5 is a decent radio but can be a bit confusing. Youtube has a bunch of videos on setting up the DX5 Pro so I would check those out and follow the set up.

So I rebound the radio to the receiver and it runs good now except for the low battery warning goes off non stopeven though it’s charged and the reverse is funky. Idk I’ll figure it out hopefully

So I rebound the radio to the receiver and it runs good now except for the low battery warning goes off non stopeven though it’s charged and the reverse is funky. Idk I’ll figure it out hopefully
Some ESC's have a setting for nimh or lipo mode. What ESC do you have? Have you gone through the settings? What battery are you running?

And esc's have different settings for how reverse works. Forward and brake only with no reverse, fwd-brake-reverse, fwd-brake-delayed reverse, etc.

Forward, brake and reverse usually has a safeguard in place. The first time you trigger forward to stop the car, you have to release the trigger, then trigger reverse again to go into reverse. This is to keep you from shredding your car's drivetrain because electric RC's can easily strip gears going directly from forward to reverse.

Last edited:
Yeah I think your right about the esc settings. It is a spektrum firma 130

Ok, go through the ESC and set everything up. If you have questions about anything, just ask. Set the low voltage cutoff to a mid range. I am not familiar with that ESC, but I know the 160A one I have doesn't have a specific number to set it to like 3.4v. It's just low, med, high or some crap.

Actually...
Screenshot_20220911-195323_Drive.jpg

Screenshot_20220911-195241_Drive.jpg

Last edited:
Ok, go through the ESC and set everything up. If you have questions about anything, just ask. Set the low voltage cutoff to a mid range. I am not familiar with that ESC, but I know the 160A one I have doesn't have a specific number to set it to like 3.4v. It's just low, med, high or some crap.
Right on, I might hit you up tomorrow if I have trouble. If that’s ok anyway lol

Change that LVC from 3.0v to at least 3.2v. I would probably go 3.4v just to be safe.
Right on, I might hit you up tomorrow if I have trouble. If that’s ok anyway lol
Yeah, no prob. PM me if you want and I will get you my number if you need quicker response time 😜