Duratrax warhead

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dontac790

RC Newbie
Reaction score
I recently pulled out my old school warhead and have been trying to get it back to running condition. I was hoping some of you out there could help me source a fuel tank for it as it was just gone when I pulled it out. I don’t remember pulling it off, but it’s gone nevertheless.

Any help would be appreciated. I would also buy any spare parts if anyone has some left. Thanks!

Try looking in my short keyboard touching I found 5 or so how skilled are you ? like making things work

I am quite skilled at making things work, but I’m not sure what “try looking in my short keyboard touching” means?

I ordered half a dozen different tanks that were not specific to the warhead, and I’m sure I can get one to work, but I’m looking for the correct one. Searching online I have not been able to find a single one for sale anywhere, and since it’s a very tight space and no measurements are provided for most off brands, I’m hoping one of the six I ordered will serve as a temporary solution. Finding the correct one, however, remains the goal.

Am I missing something? If you’ve found five, not only am I impressed with how you did it, I’m anxious to order at least one of them, perhaps a few.

I am quite skilled at making things work, but I’m not sure what “try looking in my short keyboard touching” means?

I ordered half a dozen different tanks that were not specific to the warhead, and I’m sure I can get one to work, but I’m looking for the correct one. Searching online I have not been able to find a single one for sale anywhere, and since it’s a very tight space and no measurements are provided for most off brands, I’m hoping one of the six I ordered will serve as a temporary solution. Finding the correct one, however, remains the goal.

Am I missing something? If you’ve found five, not only am I impressed with how you did it, I’m anxious to order at least one of them, perhaps a few.
From what i found doing a quick search, the tanks havent been available for at least 10 years now. Some posts i found on a couple other forums, guys were pretty much dropping in any tank they could find that would fit, since, according to one post i found, the tanks were weak and tended to split after a few months use. I had a Warhead for a few weeks back when i thought i wanted to get into nitro stuff. That phase lasted all of one summer.

I keep a bunch of parts on hand for mine. I keep an eye out on ebay for what shows up. I might have a tank for you, used but in great shape. I'll look through what I've got.