Duratrax Invader

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stouty109

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Alright iv ran RC's for a 4yrs now but iv only bashed Nitro so i dont know a whole lot about Batteries so i ask for help from yall

Well i just picked up a free duratrax invader
DSC04855.jpg
So i put in a titan 550 out that i aquired from a buddie who went brushless in his e-revo
DSC04859.jpg

I am running a Druatrax Blast ESC
DSC04858.jpg

My ? is its not fast enough so do i
A: Put in the ESC that i got from my buddie ( Its came out of his twimm Motor E Revo) And run that one with better batteires if so what batteries do i run and can i only run 1 Motor and battery even tho the esc is for runnin twin?

B: get different batteries and run the esc i have on now?

C:get a new ESC and Batteries?

Thanks In advanced
Stouty

The reason your truck isn't "blazing fffffaaaasssstttt" is you are comparing it to a brush-less system, most likely you've seen your buddy's BL set up. BL rids are redonkulously fast, and torquey as they get... Brushed motors have alot of draw on them, and slows them down alot.... and you are only using a 550 motor... they are the bottom of the totem pole when it comes to motors... if you want something wicked fast you'll have to get a "modified motor".... and li-po (with a battery cut off).....AND a ESC that will handle it all..... but you still will not be as fast a BL rig.

Last edited:
Is that a titan 12t motor? You will fry that ESC with a quickness if you are trying to run anything less than a 16t motor with it. That might also be one of your problems. The blast was not designed to run that powerful of a motor.

yea i know it wont b nearly as fast as the BL system. So can i run that Stock Esc From the revo in this truck then With only one motor and battery

yea i know it wont b nearly as fast as the BL system. So can i run that Stock Esc From the revo in this truck then With only one motor and battery

That i am unaware of... i've never played with a dual battery set up.