dual disc brake?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pee wee

RCTalk Champion
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I'm thinking of doing the dual brake pad mod in getting ready for picco swap this winter.(IF I can wait that long) Anyway I was wondering what size screws do I need to put in because the stock screws are going to be to short. I thought I read somewhere someone said they used 3mm socket head cap screws but now that I'm going to do this I can't seem to find that info. Just trying to get everything lined up so I won't be down long. One other thing is there enough of the hex catching the second pad or this going to be a problem. Thanks for the replies

Yo PeeWee, long time bud. Hows the adjustable camber arms doing?

Anyway, are you planning on using the stock disks or what? I've read about the dual disk mod, but I opted for the HB vented metal disk instead. The only grip I have about the HB VMB is the lack of instructions about glueing the pads to the calipers. But I am very happy with the brake action I get out of them. I haven't messed with changing the fuel tubing on the linkage, and I can flip it forward if I nail the brakes from WOT on dirt. Very effective, IMO. They do exhibit brake fade when you use them too much, like on a tight track, but don't under general bashing conditions. So, I guess if you were gonna run on a track the dual disks might hold the temps down and not fade.

The best suggestion I could give about the bolt dimensions is to look at the hex adapter that the disk rides on. This is gonna limit the bolt length the most since you have to fit two disks on the hex. Next look at where the caliper piston bottoms out, and this should give you the total distance that 2 disks and 3 calipers must fit into. They'd have to be fairly thin to get all that into about a half an inch hex space. Just my opinion, but you might be better off getting (or making) a vented metal single disk.

Also, GPM has been advertizing alot of metal parts for the savage, and I've been trying to get the aluminum hex adapter, and my LHS has been ordering it over and over, but GPM isn't comming through. How difficult would it be to machine one? I have access to the tools, but just haven't had the time. I think it would be cool to make one.

Whitt...

Thanks error I'll catch you tomarrow I have to get some sleep!

Don't know anything about the dual disk setup but if I were you i'd just get the HB disk brake kit. That thing stops so good.

Back