Drop Kyle Busch Traxxas....

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robmob

LET’S GO BRANDON!
Staff member
Supporter
Excellence Award
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I don't follow racing at all, but I did hear about a recent incident involving Kyle Busch and my buddy sent me a link with a vid. Now I know why everybody hates this idiot if this is how he rolls.

I'm sure Traxxas loves the fact it's their truck he does this in.

I really like how he scurried away as fast as possible afterwards.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...-watch-busch-wreck-ron-hornaday-under-caution

He needs to have his butt handed to him one good time, he would have a new attitude towards others!

Actually thats one of the main reasons I dont watch on-road racing, they arent aggressive. That move there made it interesting to me.

Rubbin' is racin', but not under caution on purpose.

The guy is a douche and is lucky he didn't kill the other guy when he hit the wall.

I don't see Traxxas cutting ties with him. Mostly I don't think they would because honestly, ANY publicity for the hobby is good publicity and this is still a win for them. Now on the other hand big BIG companies that have a reputation on the line may consider alternatives because of image issues this creates. That's why Z-line requested Kyle not drive their Nationwide sponsored car for the last two races of the season and also why M&M's (Mars) pulled their colors off of his car for the last two Sprint cup races. I think the sponsorship ripples this incident created with JGR has a more profound impact on Kyle than sitting out one race and the $50,000 fine. You can bet your ass Mr. Gibbs gave him a pretty firm tongue lashing.

Born and raised in the south, and I hate NASCAR of all forms, including the trucks. Like SNG, I just find it too boring to watch anymore. That being said, as mentioned above, the kid needs to be put in his place. At 180mph, you're not showing your frustration at someone, you're taking their life in your hands with a DA move like that one.

NASCAR, slowly replacing wrestling as the main stream male soap opera. :hehe:

Hehe, that's a good way to put it HPIGuy. I've been a Nascar fan since '04-ish and honestly I'm bored with many of the races anymore. When my driver is running decent I'm certainly more interested but if the team is not really competitive week to week I don't follow it as closely. Still, many of the races bore me and there are a few that I refuse to watch unless Mcmurray is running very very well. I find myself losing respect for Nascar as a santioning body by the way they handle some of these things. They did right with the way they handled the K.B. thing but we see things all the time that I don't like, for instance, the way Vickers wrecked Kenseth this weekend. I just don't like it. I whole-hardedly disagree with drivers wrecking each other because of previous on-track spats. Nascar has allowed the standard of "he had it coming" and now it runs rampant. I'd rather see a guy get out of his 3400 Lb. suit of armor and punch his rival in the mouth. The sad thing is, if I driver did that he'd get more of a punishment than purposely wrecking a driver at 120mph under green. This continues because that's what a majority of the fans like to see. I don't get it. :shrug:

For the record. The only reason I say I thing Nascar did ok with the K.B. thing is because they acted swiftly. Personally, I think they guy should be banned from all Nascar santioned events indefinitely.

Last edited:
For the record. The only reason I say I thing Nascar did ok with the K.B. thing is because they acted swiftly. Personally, I think they guy should be banned from all Nascar santioned events indefinitely.

I agree.

All he got was a slap on the wrist and was told to sit in corner for a little while.

^^Whole heartedly agree Lessen, couldn't have said it any better. It's one thing to implement rules, but it's another thing all together to interpret those rules differently at different times. At that point, it's no longer a rule, it's merely a suggestion of conduct, that may or may not be enforced. I loved watching as a kid with my Grandfather, back in the days before restrictor plates and all the sanctioning. Back then, it was all about the best crew, and best driver were going to shine that weekend. They were allowed to rub (not intentinally crash each other mind you), and even though they had rules dictating things like displacement and body templates, rear ends, etc; for the most part it was up to the engine builder and crew chief to extract the most from the car. Nowadays, the only thing that gets you anywhere is big wallets, and teams that find clever ways of interpreting said rules. That's not racing, that's four wheeled chess. And the whole thing with "The Chase" at the end of the season bugs me too. It just reaks of a Wrestlemania type event that they hype up all year long just to sell on PPV. Just race it out till the end of the season and be done with it, no need to re-invent a points based system of racing.

I enjoy WRC racing more than anything else on four wheels. Those guys have some serious stones. Dropping off a cliff at Acropolis at 100mph to a rocky landing hundreds of feet below if you blow a corner is much more menacing than hitting a barrier designed to take a specific impact force (not saying there aren't risks in NASCAR, but there minimalized as much as possible). Yet those guys are WOT from the green light on, and race in all conditions including snow and ice. Shockingly, while watching coverage last year, they said the snow / ice track in Sweeden was the fastest on the circuit. Wait, what? :whhooo:

I don't want to get into a big spat about the Chase because I know I'm the minority on that around here but I think the only way you have an "entertaining" championship year after year without a chase format is to drop the last ten races of the season. The cup series is just too dang long. More is not always better...

Actually thats one of the main reasons I dont watch on-road racing, they arent aggressive. That move there made it interesting to me.

For me, I find oval track racing boring. On a proper road course, I've seen some awesome battles for position. The best ones, are done without anyone wrecking anyone else.

I don't like it when drivers start trying to turn a race into a demolition derby, but one of my favorite things I've seen in a race, was from a LeMans race a few years ago. A Porsche and a Ferrari were leaving tire marks all over the sides of each others' cars, in a battle for first place. It was only as close as it was, because the Ferrari's tires were shot.

Of course, after coming in second, the Porsche team contested it, despite the fact that it was their driver that started it. Sanctioning body told 'em "Rubbin' is racin.'"

Not that the cartwheeling BMW at Mid Ohio, some years back, wasn't spectacular!

The only thing I found entertaining about nascar was Talledega Nights the Ballad of Ricky Bobby. My friends and I call it toilet bowl racing. I bet if you made them run the tracks in the opposite direction they would all smash into the wall in the first turn. Them right handers are kinda tricky to nascar drivers. Kyle Busch should cahnge his name to Kyle Bitch because that was a bitch move.

"rubbin is racin", yes I accept that and look forward to it. but an all out act of vengeance is uncalled for and a clear act of unsportsman like performance. And on top of that under a yellow. Totally uncalled for!

I remember seeing that video last week. The video I seen said both guys where traveling around 100mph when Kyle was kind enough to shave him head first into the wall.

A later interview stated that Kyle was mad because he had been wrecked out the prior 2-3 weeks. Pretty lame excuse if you ask me. I'm about the furthest you can get to a NASCAR fan but in my opinion they should remove this guy from the sport. Does it take a guy losing his life over something so stupid before NASCAR really makes a stand against this?

In terms of Traxxas, watching the video of the crash that was one of the first things I seen... I'd be surprised to see Traxxas remove their name.

Suspend him for a year and then make him ineligible to win the Cup for another year.

i thought children was not allowed to drive cars. no one sent him to the hospital? if he was a honorable man he would remove him self from racing for at LEST one year.

Last edited:
If he could keep his aggressive style and not lose his temper, I think he could win championships, but until he calms down its not going to happen. I think Johnson has shown this since he started almost 10 years ago. Stay calm and collected, but drive when you need to.

last year nascar used car crashes to addvertise nascar. that is not the kind of people to be roll models. i would NOT IN ANY WAY show them to childeren as roll models. it shows me that even grown ups do stupid things. the longer i hear what goes on in nascar the more iam glad i like drag racing.

Looked like a pit maneuver to me. This isn't some dumb ass wrestling where someone pretends to hit someone and then the other guy pretends it hurts, THIS can KILL. He should be locked out of the sport. Permanently.

Back