Driving my CEN

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Apples

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Just put the second tank of fuel in my CEN and went out for round two of bashing for the day when it took off into the scrub. Bolted over there to find it revving it's guts out. I stopped the car only to find the servo's were responding perfectly. This happened again so pulled the pin for day wondering what the hell ???? Is it the batteries in the car ?? Brand new throttle servo ???? Transmitter batteries were fine !!!! did my fail safe (FAIL)?? can anyone help please ???:(

i would replace the batteries first just to eliminate that. then check your reciever's antena wire for defects like exposed copper. the antena wire must also be the correct length (dont cut it!!). and while your in there just take a good look at everything to make sure nothing is loose or seems broke. your antena on your transmitter is also important so take a look at it to. the transmitter is not that comclicated as fat as assembly so go ahead and take a look at her guts

Do a distance test before running again. Just turn on the electronics and have some stay with truck. Start walking and see how far you can get before it quits responding to the tx signal.

Make sure the throttle linkage isn't binding. Make sure the servo horns not stripped, too. Do what racer said EVERY TIME you run the car. I know it seems like overkill, but it beats a smoked engine and only takes a few minutes. Definitely change your batteries and get a nimh rx pack if you don't have one already. Also, are you sure the fail safe's setup correctly? It kinda sounds to me like you have weak batteries, and once the car got outta range, the fail safe kicked in and opened the carb up. Just a theory, but checking your batteries while the car is close to ya or depending on a low voltage signal on the controller (like the trx radios and their blinking led) just doesn't cut it. I know from experience. I hope you put your piston to bottom dead center after that mishap. Best of luck and let us know what ya find out.

Back